Equipment hopes for 2015

RPSharman

Hi -

I'd like this topic to focus on real and practical hopes for equipment we'd like to see in 2015, or perhaps 2016. Recorders. Mixers. Mics. Wireless. Anything. Practical and real hopes.

I'd like to have a compact linear fader panel from SD for 16 channels of analog audio from line level sources, which will feed into 970.

If this details into something silly, I'm going to delete the thread. So please let's keep this sensible.

Robert

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So something between the 633 and the 664 for size and inputs, with corresponding track count?

That's more or less a 788T, but I get what you're saying. Maybe skip some advanced functionality like mix assist, but give us an extra "fader" or two from the 633, but keep the size and weight down from the 664.

That'd be pretty sweet.

So something between the 633 and the 664 for size and inputs, with corresponding track count?

That's more or less a 788T, but I get what you're saying. Maybe skip some advanced functionality like mix assist, but give us an extra "fader" or two from the 633, but keep the size and weight down from the 664.

That'd be pretty sweet.

and a sub 644 price point! 788T is out of my league :

MicPlexer 3 that will include power supply.

And/or the Zaxcom equivalent to the Lectro Octopack. Rack with antenna/power distribution, rf filter and a place to put these receivers - which bug the hell out of me in terms of where to put them - and how - on my cart.

A new SD recorder, something between the 970 and the 788. i don't need a much higher track count, but would love a bigger display, and more pre's than on the 970. bigger and more capable (eq, etc) Cl-9.

A 788t like recorder with more tracks (12 ISO Min) and corresponding control surface. Don't need Dante, bigger display would be nice, Bluetooth control/Meta data, separate Slate Mic Input. 2 bands parametric EQ. The Internal Drive / Int SD/CF card and External drive works for me, really don't see a need for more. A few more fields in the built in report function. 

On that note, the Cantar X3 feature set looks damm sexy. Zero interest in slogging around the swamps with a 970/Yamaha combo..

A digital mixer with dante interface that is smaller and (much) lighter than the current Yamaha offerings.

+1 for an RX8, and maybe even an RX4 or 6, where one could just swap the qrx212 modules when going between bag and cart.

+1 for Zaxnet slate, one that shows scene and take info as well as timecode.

Zaxcom RX8 + built in IFB Tx

Zaxcom Maxx with built in Rx + IFB Tx

Sound Devices 322T

Sound Devices PIX 244Ki (4K capability)

Sennheiser MKH 8030 (rather than a separate capsule, an-inline add-on for other 80000 series modules)

Intel compatible Aaton Majix and Tarkan

2-channel + LTC LM/LT/SM Style transmitter w/ 2-channel + LTC slot-in receiver

IFB receiver for 2 channel Tx (selectable L/R/L+R)

oh, and for me to have enough money to buy the Deva 32

can we please get someone to make a durable dipole flexible whip, like the man pack military radio antennas?

post-1336-0-28045000-1418624546_thumb.pn

New Lectro wideband IFB receiver with LCD screen (on top?) with multi storable channels (as opposed to the current 5 on R1a, which is clunky) and programmable names for each channel that can be selected by an indented knob rather than current push to scan to next frequency.

Should also be able to be programmed to only receive one channel if desired for when used as talent cue receiver with neck loop and earpiece for example.

Or those jobs where you don't want the user to flick between channels.

Are you referring to Lectro IFB? I assume you are?

As far as I'm aware, the only way to make R1a receivers stay on the frequency set by the hex keys is to remove a washer from under the scan knob so it doesn't engage and scan when accidentally pressed.

If you know another way, please let me know!!

Thanks

I'd love to see something like a Maxx sized RX4. 2 slots for new QRX212 modules and a Zaxnet IFB TX/RX built in (using Zaxnet commands over TC). Bolting onto the Maxx ala FP8, and interfacing over AES. Basically an ultra sleek setup for the low track count users.

Very excited about Lectro's new digital technology, hoping we see recording transmitters and/or 2 channel receivers in this series soon.

If you remove all the stored frequencies then briefly depressing the button does nothing. It will of course still scan if depressed and held.

Are you referring to Lectro IFB? I assume you are?

As far as I'm aware, the only way to make R1a receivers stay on the frequency set by the hex keys is to remove a washer from under the scan knob so it doesn't engage and scan when accidentally pressed.

If you know another way, please let me know!!
Thanks