ERX2TCD Scratch and Sync Rental rates

Rob Lewis

I've wondered about this too. This could be an interesting topic depending on how you are using your ERX, whether it is just scratch audio or audio and TC lock. The price of the equipment remains the same but it's capabilities are the same as a wireless and lockit box which can be a more expensive gear rental as two pieces of gear.

$30 for transmitter (bag/TV) $50 film/cart - difference being antennas and amplifier included)

$25 per receiver

I personally never change the fee structure based on how the gear is going to be used... I don't care if a new piece of gear is 1/10th the price of something it replaces, a fact of life as technology move on... goes out the door, gets charged based on the replacement cost alone.

I generally just ask if they need a lockit or scratch, and do $25/ea service needed or offer a better deal if they need both for more than one camera. I don't generally get into the nuts and bolts of transmitter and receiver rentals and just do a flat rate.

As for rates, I know Audio Depatment rents ERXs for $35/day (it might be $25?) but you also have to factor in the price of the IFB100/200 or the extra price you paid for Zaxnet on your recorder.