Oleg Kaizerman's great big buy and sell group

soundtrane

So here it goes... This is a FB group... 

I noticed yesterday a thread about some Schoeps stuff being bumped a couple of times. Someone innocently asks 'what's a bump'. Someone answers this question. Oleg steps in and says 'this is the last time you bump, next attempt will throw you out of the group..."

I write "Don't mess with Oleg Kaizerman..."

Oleg puts a LIKE on my message... 

I write a second message: 

"Bump.... 

Hahaha!"

Few moments later - I get ejected from the FB group by Oleg. 

I had a hard time going to sleep last night because i kept laughing... 

-vin

Years ago I considered Oleg a friend... I stepped up to defend his rudeness many times on DVXuser. I was one of the few mods who did this as his communication skills got him banned repeatedly, despite my going to bat for him behind the scenes.

Here's my most noteworthy experience with Oleg; I used to make custom cables. I was doing it for the love of sound mostly... as I made less than minimum wage on each cable I sold... seriously about $5 an hour making them. I offered several material choices and used WBT silver solder... really nice solder station... perfect welds, etc.

Anyway... Oleg advertised himself as good friends with the owners of Petrol... and said he was responsible for much of the design. This was an ongoing topic that I had in mind when one day Oleg contacted me and said that cable (canare, etc) was very expensive in Israel... and he wanted me to make him some cables.

At this point I still considered Oleg a friend... and I was mostly amused by his frequent insults to others, as I viewed him somewhat like Don Rickles... and to be honest, I did believe that much of his advice was technically sound... so, if you could get past the insults you could learn from him... and I appreciated that aspect of his voice.

So... when he asks about the cables, I asked if there was any way we could work out some sort of trade, for part of the cost of the cables. He told me that because of his connection to Petrol... I could choose a bag... and he would have them ship it to me at cost... so, I'm giving Oleg labor on the cables... selling at ACTUAL cost... and he's getting me a Petrol bag at actual cost.

With me so far?

Well... Oleg gets together with a friend or two over there, and asked for enough cables that it took AN ENTIRE SPOOL AND MORE. He wants something like 700' of cables made!

Being the gullible schmuck I am... even though at this point even just on labor of $5 and hour given away, I could have bought a bag anywhere and still came out ahead.

How does the story end? I ship Oleg the huge box of cables when he wires me the cost (says he MUST wire... no PayPal)... so... my bank charges me $40 to accept his money... which he doesn't also pay... and after I ship the cables... Oleg tells me to buy my bag from B&H.

I remained friendly with him... and STILL defended him on DVXuser... considering it a lesson learned. Six months ago I asked him if he was friends with the guys at Orca (since they came from Petrol)... he said yes, he was... I said I'd like to check out one of their bags if he wanted to smooth over that old "deal" we had... and he said he would... and that's the last I heard from him.

That's low, you are surprisingly chilled about it.

"meh"... whatever... I was mostly annoyed with myself. I can be pretty gullible at times... It should have been obvious when I offered a big favor and he decided to go from a few cables to over a full spool (opportunistic). I should have known better because when somebody is uncool to almost everybody but you... well... do the math. The odds are already there. A guy doesn't get banned from a forum 3 times because he's considerate.

I'm not sad to part company with a taker... I'm the kind of guy who will do anything for anybody. My actions proved my value... and I think his message to me yesterday proves his character. Considering the last time he responded was June 24th... about finally upholding his end of a 6+ year old deal... I obviously wasn't expecting anything anyway... but it does irk me that someone of this character... often insulting to lots of people, etc. still gets to be so arrogant.

"i sow that you are familiar with b@h ' you can check there :-)

ciao

"

That's the message I just got... As if I was still expecting him to do anything after 6 years... and my own polite attempt to finish this deal 6 months ago? Oh bummer... I guess I blew it huh... I was probably just about to kick the football. I had a good year... it's not about $50 or something stupid like that... it's the principle that irks me. Even an apology and excuse would have been acceptable.

With the events of the past couple weeks I've been taking a lot of stock in my life... We all go through an evolution of sorts... well, some of us do... and I guess some people don't really grow much.

one thing is certain - even though he has been banished from this group - he has his eye here and is watching and reading everything using another ID... tomer who is the first to respond to this thread. unless tomer can prove his id to be actually someone else. 

obviously he has proven to be an unethical person. everything else including his personal behaviour, tone etc is secondary. 

and growing up - if you mean actually growing to evolve into a better person - don't expect Oleg to follow this path. 

-vin

Mini Me is haunting us... As with many super evil internet dudes he is probably totally harmless and friendly in real life...? I guess some folks never grow out of the online roleplay thing :)

My take is that internet friends are not automatically real life friends (re: cables) and internet enemies aren't real life enemies either.

• 3 weeks later...

I was curious about his silly "no JWSOUND links" rule especially since he allows ebay links (tho only ones with international shipping...).  The facebook WTB/FS group is very useful if not bizarrely modded by him.  For some reason he wanted to add bicycle sales as well, but that got shot down quick by the group members haha. 

This guy sounds like a selfish a-hole. Truely a miserable person. A user.

I'm a great believer in "take as you find". Oleg responded to a request to find someone who could supply a Petrol bag as at the time there wasn't a retailer in the UK. Because of his contact at the factory in Israel he arranged for the bag to be sent to the UK and it

arrived three days later.

I'm a great believer in "take as you find". Oleg responded to a request to find someone who could supply a Petrol bag as at the time there wasn't a retailer in the UK. Because of his contact at the factory in Israel he arranged for the bag to be sent to the UK and it

Quite a different story than what MattinSTL tells...

I have always had good relation and transactions with Oleg. I have heard stories but since personally he was always correct with me I don't really care.

I have always had good relation and transactions with Oleg. I have heard stories but since personally he was always correct with me I don't really care.

+1

Helped me buy and sell kit without problem.

Had some good conversations with him too.

dan.

So many online exchanges seem to get a little exaggerated at times (i think it may have something to do with not actually being face to face) - antagonism and sycophancy abound when perhaps most of us are just trying to explore, understand, agree or support.