TA3 bare connectors

jpustin

I would also try Ebay, a lot ship from China pretty quickly.

I would be cautious about the ones on ebay. I bought some cheep ta5 connectors a while back and most didn't work properly. After much frustration i realized that the some of the pins were just slightly too short to make a good positive contact. I now only use genuine switchcraft or rean connectors that are bought from a reputable supplier.

Caution you do get what you pay for.

Got some Rean that aren't that "tight" while connected, wich can occasionnally cause issues with proper contact. Seems like the Switchcraft line quality control is better (to me at least). But more expensive too.

Another remark; it's two different ways to assemble depending on the brand; some prefer one to another , some like both (my case) but be aware of that too.... ;-)

As for distributors; like said, Markertek, Redco, Mouser...

Rick Reineke, on 25 Dec 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

$1.79 USD at Markertek.com

Neutrik RT3FC-B REAN TINY 3-Pole Female Black/Gold XLR Cable Connector

http://www.markertek.com/product/rt3fc-b/neutrik-rt3fc-b-rean-tiny-3-pole-female-black-gold-xlr-cable-connector

+1. Been using Rean Ta's for years with never a problem. IMO a superior design in all respects. BTW Neutrik says the proper pronounciation is "Ree-Ann"

Rean, owned by Neutrik, makes a nice TA connector, and I've certainly use my fair share of them. When Remote Audio starting using enough TA connectors to warrant having their own brand, the specifications included the Switchcraft-type strain relief because, properly assembled, it tested more reliable for lavaliere mic terminations, and also allows for a wider range of wire sizes. The down side is this design  is more expensive ($7.50-$11 for Switchcraft, and $6.99 for Remote Audio http://www.trewaudio.com/store/Remote-Audio-Mini-XLR-3-Pin-Female-TA3FOL-B.html ) and more cumbersome to disassemble/reassemble than the Rean design. But when assembled properly, I think the Remote Audio and Switchcraft TA connectors make for a more reliable cable. I'll check today to find out if $6.99 is still a reasonable price considering costs involved.

That said, we should certainly have the Rean connectors for sale on the Trew Audio online store and showrooms. I'll find out today why we don't, and make sure they are added.

GT