That time Senator Michaels disappeared from the internet

Ze Frias

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into Senator this afternoon at Art's Deli in Sherman Oaks, CA.

He explained that he was in an auto accident, and his jaw is wired shut.

I sort of thought something was wrong when all I saw him eating was chicken soup.

Apparently there will be some permanent disfigurement. Said something about

really wanting a pastrami rueben sandwich, but the soup would have to do.

Maybe some of you could take him out, cheer him up and

"Stake a fellow American to a meal"

post-1622-0-94035500-1422151060_thumb.jp

Senator Mike Michaels is one of my best friends. And also the only one who has helped me many times without my asking. A truly selfless person. And most knowledgeable - one who has strived and worked to get to his insights in this line of work, and continues to do so. 

And i met him only once in person - in 2006 NAB. And only briefly. He had a bag of coffee for me as a gift, ready and straight out of his bag. He has helped me many times to get stuff from the US by concatenating multiple purchases and boxing them, taking them out to the postal service, paying for it all... 

I consider him one of my mentors. period. 

Most of the people who do not like him don't have even a tenth of his knowledge and real world experience. 

And to those who think he posts too often and too brashly - read the fucking manual first, get your left-over queries answered by the manufacturer of the equipment, and stop trying to freeload from others who have done their homework and have spent many hours and days of their lives figuring out things for themselves. 

-vin

Senator Mike Michaels is one of my best friends. And also the only one who has helped me many times without my asking. A truly selfless person. And most knowledgeable - one who has strived and worked to get to his insights in this line of work, and continues to do so. 

And i met him only once in person - in 2006 NAB. And only briefly. He had a bag of coffee for me as a gift, ready and straight out of his bag. He has helped me many times to get stuff from the US by concatenating multiple purchases and boxing them, taking them out to the postal service, paying for it all... 

Most of the people who do not like him don't have even a tenth of his knowledge and real world experience. 

And to those who think he posts too often and too brashly - read the fucking manual first, get your left-over queries answered by the manufacturer of the equipment, and stop trying to freeload from others who have done their homework and have spent many hours and days of their lives figuring out things for themselves. 

-vin

Well said.

Larry F

I miss his comments,  he's part of the TV show that JWsound.net should be....    he knows a bunch, has helped a bunch (depends if the question has been asked before)  and has guided me to some great contacts.  

I'd say he'll be missed, but it's quite clear now that he'll be back soon.  

I always like to try and look at myself,  i'm a dirty rotten scoundrel,  the rest of ya'll are great people :-)

Nicely said.

-vin

omg that's terrible news but i'm relieved he'll be ok.

sending  my sincerest best wishes. get well soon senator !!

i appreciate the way he raises the heat, dishes out the heat and takes a heck of lot of heat. it is my belief that he does what he does for the sake of ticking the discussion level up a lot of notches.

Dude is hilarious and when it comes to shit-slinging he has a 25+ year track history that cannot be beat. He's an institution. Yes, he's hurled insults at me and I laughed every time. I think it'd be a different situation if he didn't know what he was talking about front-to-back.

Yeh! This forum's stand up comic's infectious hilarity has become a pandemic of stand in quotation?