That time Senator Michaels disappeared from the internet

Ze Frias

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really couldn't read all six pages looking for the answer to this next question, but if somebody would so kind as to answer- why is he called The Senator, or why does he call himself The Senator? He's got the reputation of a Bad Ass, stepping back from the spotlight has increased his Bad Ass notoriety. I'd be satisfied if I were him.

It came across as a condescending criticism to me. 

John is right, it was meant as a friendly jibe towards Sgt. Fury, who, by the way, I have kind of started to like. Quirky way of expression, yes, but entertaining and insightful. 

In the interest of full disclosure: I don't mind criticising you. It can sometimes sound condescending, but never on purpose. 

Edited by Constantin

I have also been away from the forum for a while so I am just now realizing he stopped posting. 

The Senator is like family to me on this forum. And he is a lot like me, for better or worse. We are both educators, and we can both be abrasive in our honesty. 

Sometimes it is hard to turn off teacher mode, and I see that sometimes when he posts. Those catch-phrases he uses are the type of things that work perfectly with students, but they come off badly online talking to pros. I think if you meet him in person, you will hear all of his writings in a different and much funnier voice. Senator is a great guy, and one of the most knowledgable teachers of production sound in the business. 

I do hope he returns. 

Very well-said, David. I believe you've hit it exactly. I think The Senator is hilarious in person, and he often has a way of stripping out all the extraneous bullshit and getting to the heart of the matter. That may seem rude to some people, but it's also direct and very to-the-point. 

Very well-said, David. I believe you've hit it exactly. I think The Senator is hilarious in person, and he often has a way of stripping out all the extraneous bullshit and getting to the heart of the matter. That may seem rude to some people, but it's also direct and very to-the-point. 

Ditto Marc.  We've seen many come and go and even come back again here @jwsound. I wish all who were here were back but people have their own lives to live and there is only so much time. I wish all the best to all wherever they may be.   Happy Fathersday to those who are.

CrewC