Rode's upcoming 2.4GHz digital wireless system: $400 USD

Jim Feeley

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yes, its clear that a lot of reviews are not done by experts...people just want to get videos up to get more views, build their channel, etc.  I'd rather see something from a professional who has actually touched a zaxcom, lectro, etc...  Give meaningful comparisons.

I love it when hobbyist filmmakers etc "review" things on YouTube and start talking about the rejection on lav mics that are omni or grossly mixing up concepts etc. That being said, I'd also love some thorough reviews/tests on systems like this or any other system, recorder or wireless.

For example, when it comes to wireless systems, a nice thing would always be to hear an A-B test with lavaliers of the same model right next to each other on the reviewer, with the other lav through the wireless system and the other cabled. And then have links to original WAV files on the video description. Or, if the test was a shotgun mic, test it in different environments.

Not that such tests are replacements for trying something out yourself, but they could be useful if done correctly.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know if this setup accepts line level into the transmitter and then can output line level out of the receiver?  I'm thinking this might be a cheap talkback solution to my boom op who is using an MM-1 and thus can listen in on a separate line feed.

I think that range will kill you on this plan, or lack of it !!!

sb