Getting AA's out of a SD 302

Tilt Down

There is what looks like an eyelet in the bottom of the battery tube. I used a metal skewer to push the battery out. SD refused to send disassembly instructions as they said it was propriety information. Luckily it wasn't too hard to get in there.

image.jpg

Wow, I guess this is pretty common! I had the same thing happen to my 302 once with a Lenmar 2700 mAH NiMh. Couldn't get it out on set for the life of me and had to switch to recording lav and boom straight into a 2-track without the mixer for the rest of the day. Tried the magnet, the snot-tape-on-a-stick, and some of the other ideas here - finally got it out at home later by using dental tools to pull part of the battery's foil label wrap loose enough to get hold of it with a long needle nose pliers.  After that I peeled the foil labels off all those batteries to prevent it happening again, but that brand had been working fine for me for a year prior.  Now for both my SD mixers I only power externally and use Energizer Lithiums as backup.