I was sold a fake MKH-416

harlowsound

-UPDATE-

This thread is open again. I will be watching this carefully but I am willing to have it play out here on JWSOUND.

No one should feel any obligation to participate in this as it is probably still preferable that this issue be resolved between the two principle parties, privately and not on a public forum. It has already been established that the two people involved know eachother and have been in contact personally and privately, so there is the hope that this will be resolved. If at such time I am privy to the resolution or information to the voracity of the claims, I will post it here.

- original post edited by administrator -

Justin Blakely living in Los Angeles sold me a fake Sennheiser MKH-416. Beware of doing business with him. I purchased this microphone Jan 4 from him at his residence in Silver Lake. He assured me this mic was authentic and being used as a back up and was purchased at coffee sound. He is a graduate of SAE Institute. I have tried to contact him by phone numerous times without success. If you have been defrauded by him in the past please let me know.

Note: anyone with past experience with either of the principle players, please make contact with them privately. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Does Trew audio or Amy reputable store that does consignment check whether mics like the 416 are authentic and not fakes. I would hope that they would or any of the usual stores would knowingly post a fake item.

Also would you not hear that it was a fake when you are testing it out before you buy? You did try it before you laid down the money? Though I have never heard what a fake 416 sounds like. I imagine of it does not sound right you would have walked away from the deal.

Please look at the bidding history for this item, notice that the first bid placed on: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SENNHEISER-MKH-416-P48-CLASSIC-SHORT-SHOTGUN-CONDENSER-MICROPHONE-FOR-DISPLAY-/371238991480?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Microphones&hash=item566f917678

has the exact same number of feedback as Justin Blakely who is  http://www.ebay.com/usr/organic_sound

Coincidence????

Please look at the bidding history for this item, notice that the first bid placed on:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SENNHEISER-MKH-416-P48-CLASSIC-SHORT-SHOTGUN-CONDENSER-MICROPHONE-FOR-DISPLAY-/371238991480?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Microphones&hash=item566f917678

has the exact same number of feedback as Justin Blakely who is http://www.ebay.com/usr/organic_sound

Coincidence????

Oh my god, yeah, and that was also on the 18th of january which is, like, exactly one week ago! Coincidence?

"If you went to his house, you know where he lives.. go back there w/Bubba."

This would of happened immediately with me....

Definitely would go back, and,  at first politely demand a refund of my funds... Let him know it's fake... politely... Maybe that will be that and you will leave with your hard earned money.. I don't care if I had to go over 5 times to find him there... I would..

"At first..."   then... as the Senator says.... that depends... 

Did you ask Trew Audio if there is record of the sale? Perhaps it was a used purchase with the authenticity of the mic unverified.

I think it's always a good idea to hold on to sales receipts, so that should the day come that you need to sell the item, you can include the receipt as part of the deal. I've done that with some big-ticket items before. 

Guaranteed, Coffey/Trew doesn't sell counterfeit mics.

Justin Blakely sold me a fake Sennheiser MKH 416. The microphone he sold me is fake. I am only telling the truth. After using the microphone a week after the purchase it took me a few days to figure out why it did not sound correct. After researching, I found on this forum that the microphone was indeed not what he advertised it to be. I'm not trying to offend his southern traditional roles but his irresponsibility as a professional or one who claims to be he would have tried to make it right with me when I first contacted him. He admitted purchasing Chinese knockoffs of Sennheiser MKH-416 microphones.  He sold me a fake Sennheiser MKH-416.  Sennheiser is rock solid but he did not sell me a Sennheiser.

For those of you that saw the rebuttal of yesterdays statement. 

I have graduated from a audio technical college just as some of you. I also have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Sound Design from one of the top colleges in the country. I will have a Masters of Fine Arts in another year. That is a terminal degree in the field of Sound Design.  I believe my “ears” are doing just fine. 

I will not stop my pursuit. I will prevail and I will come openly and honestly to this forum with more detailed information. If you are friends with Justin Blakely I would strongly urge you to encourage him to return my money before he further damages his own reputation. 

here is a link I found on another forum. 

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-zone/505823-ebay-seller-warning.html