I was sold a fake MKH-416

harlowsound

"If it matches, its not a fake. Its as simple as that..."

If it matches, the same serial numbers as the box, and the mic you sold to him... and it is AGAIN brought to LSC or TREW to pull it apart and see inside if it IS a fake, and is discovered to be so... You should return the money... WITH INTEREST LOL...  Your deduction is lacking. Just because the numbers match means nothing... If the Chinese can make a fake mic, they can make a fake box... Duh..

If this SAME mic, AND BOX are NOT fake, and is the real deal, as examined by actual professionals, we all owe you an apology...  I, in my wildest dreams can not see Trew, Coffey or any of the quality sales outlets not noticing this... In my experience they test anything they have to sell, especially something as simple as plugging in a mic...

And..

As Mr. Trew has stated... THERE IS NO RECORD of such a purchase... (according to Jeff, Coffee either)  I believe he is correct, retaining prior records,  this is normal for the buying of a company..Point... Harlow...  

Justin Blakely,  he is up at least 1-0... probably way more than that... Your professional reputation is at stake here in some strange way, amongst your peers...  Worldwide...I would think you care..

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If it matches, its not a fake. Its as simple as that..."

If it matches, the same serial numbers as the box, and the mic you sold to him... and it is AGAIN brought to LSC or TREW to pull it apart and see inside if it IS a fake, and is discovered to be so... You should return the money... WITH INTEREST LOL... Your deduction is lacking. Just because the numbers match means nothing... If the Chinese can make a fake mic, they can make a fake box... Duh..

If this SAME mic, AND BOX are NOT fake, and is the real deal, as examined by actual professionals, we all owe you an apology... I, in my wildest dreams can not see Trew, Coffey or any of the quality sales outlets not noticing this... In my experience they test anything they have to sell, especially something as simple as plugging in a mic...

And..

As Mr. Trew has stated... THERE IS NO RECORD of such a purchase... (according to Jeff, Coffee either) I believe he is correct, retaining prior records, this is normal for the buying of a company..Point... Harlow...

Justin Blakely, he is up at least 1-0... probably way more than that... Your professional reputation is at stake here in some strange way, amongst your peers... Worldwide...I would think you care..

How am I being nasty and desperate? Ive responded twice... Im defending myself.

Like I said, there wasnt a down period, the mic was tested on the spot. The point I am making is that there could have been a swap. Granted, if this is exactly the same mic and it turns out to be fake then yes it should be returned, but how is this proven exactly? The box and the serial on the mic matched when I bought it. IF that is different now, then there is a problem. If it matches, its not a fake. Its as simple as that... sorry to be missing your guy's points, but Im explaining myself and no one wants to hear it. So whats the point? Clearing my name, thats the point.

This microphone was not purchased from TREW Audio, so they wouldnt have records of it. It was purchased from coffee (like the buyer mentioned) "around" the time they were going through a merger, not after.

*Mosdeaf, you have had a very bias opinion towards me. Not sure why, probably because you like ganging up on people. The microphone has not been proven to be fake, certainly not the one I sold. You're taking their word for it.

You are really determined to make yourself look like a complete jackass in front of the industry best. You are tarnishing your own name here. Be a man suck it up and give the man a refund.

I am guessing you have already spent the money hence why you are fighting tooth and nail to not do the right thing. Small claims court seems like the only solution.

Collect From the Debtor's Wages

Collect From the Debtor's Bank Account or Safe Deposit Box

Putting a Lien on the Debtor's Real Property

Putting a Lien on the Debtor's Personal Property

Putting a Lien on a Lawsuit that the Debtor Has Against Someone Else

Getting a Writ of Execution

These are some of the methods used to satisfy a judgement .....  One thing that also is a by-product of losing a case in Small Claims court is a BAD mark of the persons credit report... It shows an unpaid judgement against them... Until judgement is satisfied... Creditors strongly dislike seeing that one.

One note, if the person IS married, file against them BOTH... This way the judgement goes against BOTH credit reports and makes it much harder to dodge the inevitable...

None of this is difficult, but can consume some time... A small price to be paid for a pissed off human...

I am 4-0 in SCC...... Taking down some heavyweights in the process.. (Corporations,  Airlines etc.)  Very satisfying I must admit...  If the Corporations lose, they pay quickly... Never be timid in regards to getting your situation straightened out...Small Claims court is an excellent  way to satisfy your being wronged in most situations. That's why it's there...

Like I said, there wasnt a down period, the mic was tested on the spot. The point I am making is that there could have been a swap. Granted, if this is exactly the same mic and it turns out to be fake then yes it should be returned, but how is this proven exactly? The box and the serial on the mic matched when I bought it. IF that is different now, then there is a problem. If it matches, its not a fake. Its as simple as that... sorry to be missing your guy's points, but Im explaining myself and no one wants to hear it. So whats the point? Clearing my name, thats the point.

This microphone was not purchased from TREW Audio, so they wouldnt have records of it. It was purchased from coffee (like the buyer mentioned) "around" the time they were going through a merger, not after.

That's it???.............this feeble post is your best attempt at clearing your name?

Have you put in the effort to make sure that this mic has now been tested by a professional at Trew or LSC to verify if it is real or a fake 416?

Have you located your original receipt or bill of sale? Are you still maintaing your claim that this is one of two 416 microphones that you purchased when Coffee and Trew merged?

How about returning this guy's money?

Has any of THIS been done or are you still dragging your heels thinking people won't remember the name Justin Blakely and how he chooses to do business?  

I know I am not alone when I say I truly hope that you do not plan to conduct transactions on the For Sale side of JW Sound. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone confirm, without any doubt, that the money was returned?

Justin Blakely seems to have taken somewhat of a low profile recently, and now all we have is a third hand report from Michael M.

I for one am fascinated to find out for sure that in the end the right things happened.

Kindest regards,

Simon B

Hello all, I want to thank you for following this post and I hope we all have learned about being more careful when purchasing used items. I certainly have become more skeptical when it comes to purchasing larger items. My money was returned after small claims papers were served. Thank you for allowing me to share my story here online with you. I attended the Zaxcom event last week and met some of you. I hope you all have a great week and thank you... I must now fill an empty Rycote Super Shield. 

All's well that ends well-- as Shakespeare said, and if there's any left over feelings you should chaulk them up to experience. If you're in this business for a while, you'll find that sometimes things don't work out too well, things you buy that for whatever reason, just weren't worth it. Gear will take up a big chunk of your life, one way or the other.

Anyway this has been a great thread to read; If this thread were a movie what would the title be?

A Sennheiser Named Desire...

The Bride of Sennheiser ...

Honey I Shrunk The 416…

Ocean's 416.....
It's a Wonderful 416...  
It's Not a Wonderful 416...  
2416: A Fake Odyssey...

"Anyway this has actually been a great thread to read; If this thread were a movie what would the title be?

A Sennheiser Named Desire...

The Bride of Sennheiser ...

Honey I Shrunk The 416…

Ocean's 416.....

It's a Wonderful 416...  

It's Not a Wonderful 416...  

2416: A Fake Odyssey..."

LOL !!! Great David.