PelicanSound

Building a ta5 to xlr to power lav mic

"OST say however that the adapter isn't guaranteed to work with any lavs other than their own. Buy at own risk"

Yes, my OST XLR Phantom Power adapters work fine with most mics.. However my Countryman's (B6) have a much lower the normal output with the OST adapter.

OST say however that the adapter isn't guaranteed to work with any lavs other than their own. Buy at own risk.

I have confirmed it will work with Trams and Countrymans if they have the same TA5 wiring. OST was willing to modify their adapters for me so that they work correctly with Servo wiring. I think they're actually superior to the real Tram phantom-powered adapters.

Yes, it's straight forward wiring. If you buy a mic with the xlr adapter you can cut that off and put TA connectors on between them. The benefit of the Eumel is it's much smaller which I think is worth it. The benefit of the xlr adapter that comes with your mic is that it will output the precise DC voltage your lav wants to see, but at the expense of one more connector which could potentially fail.