788t routing question

Arno93

So, first of all sorry for my english grammar.

Here is the situation.

I usually work 1 boom 5 radio mics and dispatch them through a sonosax mixer as Left boom- right radio mix and all in Iso pre fade on track A (boom pre) to F (B to F radio mics).

All that means that input 1 on 788t is used for the Left - in 2 for Right -3 for A - 4 for B.... 8 for F.

Now I'd like to use 8 mics (including the boom) and still be able to route as a Left-right boom-radio mix and iso pre fade all the 8 mics.... May be I am not thinking properly but I can't see any way to succeed in this scenario.

I understand that I can have all the 8 mic Iso pre fade but then I will have a left-right pre fade also on tracks X1-X2. I can't have a post fade mix....

Anyone knows or understand what I'm looking for? Is there a way with the 788t?

Thank you

Regards

In addition to the pre-fade isos you can route any track to the four mix busses, L, R, X1, X2. But you cannot really mix them. You can switch the rotary controls to fade instead of trim, but that's not a great way to mix. Without a Cl-9 or Cl-8 it's not really possible to record 8 isos and a mixdown in a meaningful way

In addition to the pre-fade isos you can route any track to the four mix busses, L, R, X1, X2. But you cannot really mix them. You can switch the rotary controls to fade instead of trim, but that's not a great way to mix. Without a Cl-9 or Cl-8 it's not really possible to record 8 isos and a mixdown in a meaningful way

Thank you, you mesn that if I add a cl8 module to the 788t I will be able to route properly from the mixer to the 778t a 8 iso and a mixdown post fade?

Thank you, you mesn that if I add a cl8 module to the 788t I will be able to route properly from the mixer to the 778t a 8 iso and a mixdown post fade?

If you add the CL-8, you can create a post-fade mix to the L/R tracks by mixing the 8 input signals using the faders on the CL-8.

The 788T has a total of 8 inputs, if you are using 8 mics, you will not be able to send the mix from the Sonosax to the 788T.

You cannot record 8 mics and a mix with your Sonosax.

The only way to record 8 mics and a mix is using a CL9 or CL8 as a mixer.

I use an 8 channel mixer also (PSC Solice), but I deliver a mono mix. If I need 8 mics, then one only goes into the mix and doesn't get an ISO. But that's very rare for me. Typically I don't put out an 8th mic. I just get it another way.

It doesn't work that way. You can't go through the CL8 from the Sonosax to get extra mix track, as two of the 8 inputs will still be taken with your mix from the Sonosax.

The CL8/CL9 only gives you extra mix tracks when it is used as a mixer. 8 mic inputs are mixed with the CL8/CL9 and produce a 1 or 2 track mix, which the 788T records.

• 4 weeks later...

+1 RP Sherman

The CL8/CL9 are control surfaces to perform a digital mix within the 788t, and they are nice , but they are not the same as thing as a fine analogue mixer like the Sonosax.

Arno93, if you love the Sonosax, you could think of your Sonosax/788t as 6 or 7 channel mixer-recorder system, and that would probably be fine 95% of the time . Or you could use the 788t to record pre-fader isos and get another recorder - a 702t- for recording your mix. The 7 series recorders can be linked together to start recording with one touch. (That would be very cool.)

And of course - the camera can also record your mix...

The CL8 is great for bag use!

I have not yet used the CL9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk