Nagra Stories Sound-men won’t ever tell

JBond

Mr. Zero has no money. Not Mr Teas,  he's loaded after the union jobs

But the real Mr zero has no money.

Bidder #02 has no money he is just a zero plus 2, maybe he bought some popcorn, batteries or something and got some seller feedback but in reality he’s still a zero. 

If you look at the bidder list below  you will see the proxy bids. 

Bidder # 74  was a legitament bid on May 8th he put a high bid in at 7,000. 
On May 9th bidder 117 was the last legitament bidder he placed a bid of 8000.96
On May 10th bidder 211 placed a high bid of 82,000.00  really a sore looser If he couldn’t afford it he figured no one will have it. He should really be kicked off ebay because he is the one who escalated it.
On Sunday May 12th Mr Zero place a high bid of 82,600.00 and his pal #02 was runner up. 

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/323800376818?item=323800376818&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&showauto=true

Phillip is right,  it was just a pissing match. 
The roosters were all having sex with the Nagra 

The Soundmen and their Nagra's. 

Ok Nagra Stories just turned a new page “42” over 1000 replies with over 182,000 views,  Can we finally see some classic soundmen pictures posing with their classic Nagras?  It's what I started this thread for over three years ago. Pictures from your archives and a description of what you were doing at the time.  The world is watching the world is waiting to see them on Jwsound Nagra Stories. Enough with this Jbond shit let's finally see it.  

Jeff I know you have them 
Crew I have seen them
Phillip you have them too
Glen I saw them,  Usually with women all around you. 
and many others here on Jwsound have them also. 
It's time, I have put the time in,  post when ever I could its getting old.  Now let's see the soundmen pictures with Nagra recorders. Hell,  Nagra Audio itself is watching, let's see the famous Nagra pictures in use. The guys on the ground in the early years that made Nagra famous.  You know once you post others will follow.  

Let's finally post some pictures of soundmen with their Nagra equipment, Digital or Analog new or old as long as its Nagra show us what you have used and what you use today. 

The Senator will start off,  Let's go guys you know you have it. You know we want it. Let's see it.

RiJ3QPj.jpg

Here are some working pix from 1989, probably posted here before, but all I could find that was already digitized--

1989, Stern Grove SF recording The Dixie Hummingbirds and other gospel acts for the film "Sacred Grove". Note 3 "Harveyized" Nagras (2 tag-teaming the mix, looking at the Dolby SRs on the bottom of the stack) with a 3rd Harvey Nagra rolling an audience pair and an F1 rolling mix back up on 2 VHS machines (with TC in their audio tracks). Bill Ruck's famous hifi audio DA in the stack as well. Pacific Mobile Recorders truck. Bill broke his foot during the setup and soldiered on to the wrap, for which I am still extremely grateful! When I came back to record the same festival for the same film the next year the budget had been (surprise!) slashed, so it was me alone in my Econoline with 2 1/2" 8 track Tascams and a TC Nagra….we didn't know how good we had it this day. This was early enough in the advent of the "Harvey Nagra" that these 3 probably constituted 75% of the total Nagras so modded at that point...

12743877_10205789428162785_1565527881186752912_n.jpg

Nice pictures guys and thanks for the descriptions.

Philip Perkins Wow, I see what you mean when you said it all adds up to 82,000 or more. You have a lot of nice equipment, who's that young guy in the first picture?

tourtelot  Nice,  Now thats a Soundman who is proud of his cart.   Your pictures are great just what I am looking for thanks for them.  Beautiful pictures. What year?

I hope the Senator will add pictures too or contact me and give me the description to his photo so  I can include it. 

If you only have real photographs  
You can also just take a picture of the photograph with your phone as I did in the first picture. Although I took the picture to show that it was a picture.
You can simply frame it and no one will no its a picture of a picture. They really come out great and its easy to do.

What is more fitting on JWsound to see all these pictures again in one place, I know some are already here scattered around without descriptions and people will never find them or see them again today. 

I'm dedicating as many pages as needed here on Nagra Stories to

The Soundmen and their Nagra's.  

So let's see the Soundmen with their Vintage Reel to Reel Nagras and Soundmen today with Digital Nagra pictures  Just as long as its a Nagra and you set the scene with the description.

I think it will make a great section here on Nagra Stories and I know everyone would love to see the pictures with the stories told and shared. Thank you

I'll leave it alone now and will see what happens.  Besides my knee is getting sore, It's starting to sound like I'm down on one knee. 

Scott Smith,  Don't think I forgot about you,  I know you have them.
Jeff, come on man, your pictures are great and you have many of them,  that's what I need if this is going to work. 

Thank you Philip Perkins and tourtelot  for starting this off.

4 hours ago, JBond said:

tourtelot  Nice,  Now thats a Soundman who is proud of his cart.   Your pictures are great just what I am looking for thanks for them.  Beautiful pictures. What year?

I think the photo of me on the commercial shoot (maybe a Crazy Eddie's spot.  I did a few of those on the III with a MKH416, my very first gear.) was maybe 1990 (?) and I think Smoke Signals shot in 1998, but I wouldn't swear to either date.

D.

• 4 weeks later...

The earliest scenes in films showing Nagras that I can think of are both French.  If you look carefully, a Nagra II is visible in Godard's Breathless in the scene where the famous person is meeting the press.  Blink and you'll miss it.  In Jean Rouch's Chronicle of a Summer, some scenes were shot with the subject schlepping a Nagra III and wearing a mic.  These were photographed by Pierre L'Homme using a prototype Eclair KMT camera -- 1959-60 IIRC.  You may be able to see a Perfectone recorder in the first American cinema-verite film Primary -- it was before they got Nagras.   Klute shows that Nagra SN lookalike, the Edwards, years before an actual SN appeared in Coppola's The Conversation.

Of course there's a Nagra III wielded by Peter Bonerz in Medium Cool -- who knew Chicago news crews in 1968 shot double-system? 😉

Thanks for posting that eBay link pverrando  (where have you been)?
To see better pictures of the  Russian Nagra Copy go to my index of select posts on page one.  Or click on #400 below
ONNO everything you need to know can be found here in the index #906 below
The index can be accessed below or from any page on Nagra Stories by hitting the back arrow. PREV 

Quick index to select posts, click the blue links below

42   Jeff’s movie list                            307   Nixon Resigns  Picture                      364   CIA the Second Recorder                                   455   Nagra II  Video                              
146   Meet Jeff (Youtube)        319 New The Nagra JBR  updated  Feb 2018     373 New The Nagra Story, updated  Feb 2018        478   The Third Covert recorder   
151   My Nagra VPR-5                               325   My Nagra Source                             400   The Nagra SN  (Copy )                                    479   The 1966 Covert recording
220   A different kind of Soundman          333   A Special Gift                         405  Great Nagra Collection  Vienna Collection              404    There’s only One, Nagra I                                  480   The Fourth Recorder                         225   What I found out about the Nagra I   335   The Nagra DH Difference                 482   Finally Fifth and Final Recorder
232   Conversation with Stefan Kudelski   337   The Yellow Recorder                           422     An appropriate answer                  430    What happened to - Serie Noire?
252   The First Nagra III                              347   CIA issued Recorder                          425     Early Nagra SN serial #’s                363   Dating & "New" Reverse Record
268   The Sony and the Telefunken            952 Earliest Known Nagra III  by PiO          576   The Nagra IS Differences  by DELA  
 #27  Senator Mike Michaels interview       681  1st 1959 Nagra III  by Antonine          790  GREAT Nagra III Collection by BGAULLIER 
922  Jwsound gets Attention from Nagra Audio    282 1969 Zuiko 1st Microcassette video  154 Marilyn and the 1960 Nagra III Video            
466 Video -  Movie Sound Effects               906  New The Nagra SN Series - from Prototype to Production 1960 -1970 to 1999        962  The Gold SN - Test 

• 2 weeks later...