JBond

Nagra Stories Sound-men won’t ever tell

If JWSOUND had never done anything other than host JBoind's amazing collection and his celebration of the Nagra and its history, I would be a perfectly content person  ---  this long running topic, the commentary, the history, all the fantastic images, has truly been one of the best things about this site. Thank you, JBond, for all that you do for us!

Thank you very much, Jeff.  That is probably the best compliment I have ever received from anybody for anything I ever did in my life.  I'm very proud to be able to post amongst what I think are some of the most famous Soundmen of all time, including yourself.  As always,  I thank you for the opportunity to post my collection and my thoughts for others to see and to be able to post without restrictions or time limits for corrections that are truly needed for me to be able to post long and involved posts of pictures and content.
JWSOUND is a very well-established, viewed, and respected site around the world because of you, Jeff Wexler.  I'm humbled to be a very small part of JWSOUND.

On the previous page I reposted a story from 2016 about The mystery of the Yellow recorder this is just a part of it.

WHY did I sell this Roberts 3 in reel to reel with the 67 World Series recorded on it. That was the only thing that was recorded with this machine put back in the box and sold not knowing the recording was on the tape until I bought it a listened to it.  I know why I sold it I wanted money to buy more expensive Nagra's. 

If You guys have the time click the video and listen to a little bit of this tape, the sounds, the commercials, the crack of the bat, the crowd, the announcer.  Damm I never should have let that go.

I'm not really a big baseball fan but doesn't that bring back memories.  You don't hear sounds like this today.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another was the 1967 World Series.  I bought a nice little Roberts 3 inch reel to reel recorder with the 1967 World Series and commercials from the day, really interesting but I sold that recorder and the tape, maybe I should have kept it.
Here is a video I made to sell it.  Recorded Tape can be very Interesting if you have the time to listen,  it’s a recording of what was happening back in that moment, in time. 
It was the only time this recorder was used, used to record the 1967 World Series then put back in its box. The recorder as you see it is now in a technology museum in Texas. 
Here is the video I made late last year of the recorder and tape playing, to sell on eBay. I had the recorder for years. (another one I should have kept.

Listen to a part of the 1967 World Series Someone recorded on their brand new Roberts recorder.

wow, so exciting to see people interested in these wonderful machines...I still have my NAGRA V and I can tell you it is an incredible recorder for classic music ...