Mixer needed, Chicago, today through 2/10

I got an email early this morning from a german company whose mixer lost his passport. They need someone drom today through 2/10. I have no details, but if you're available, and in Chicago, reach out to them. This is the message I received.

we have a big problem. our german sound assistant lost his passport, so he dont can fly to chicago now. we start today at 3 p.m. with shooting in chicago and we need very urgent a sound assistant from today until 10 feb (evening). total 4 shooting days. could you help us? you can contact me by email: an@guttutgut.com. thank you very much, Anja

Ironically enough, I'm heading to Chicago today for another shoot until next Friday.

Marc

I got an email early this morning from a german company whose mixer lost his passport. They need someone drom today through 2/10. I have no details, but if you're available, and in Chicago, reach out to them. This is the message I received.

we have a big problem. our german sound assistant lost his passport, so he dont can fly to chicago now. we start today at 3 p.m. with shooting in chicago and we need very urgent a sound assistant from today until 10 feb (evening). total 4 shooting days. could you help us? you can contact me by email: an@guttutgut.com. thank you very much, Anja

Ironically enough, I'm heading to Chicago today for another shoot until next Friday.

Marc

Got the same email on my way back home last night (gotta love 4am last call). They only want to pay $400/day w/gear. Told them where to shove it, wished them luck, and proceeded to bed a happy camper.

Wasn't me I swear. I cannot go out the door for that ! Heck its a 40 mile drive for me to downtown from my suburb.

In January I got a email from a so called award winning producer offering me a whopping $1000 !!!! 

for a 8 day shoot. I politely told him , he could not even rent my mixer for $125 a day

He replied back with a rental company where he could rent a mixer for $39 a day

I replied no further 

Cheers

Tom 

Chicago