Need to find flightcart-style latches…

Blas Kisic

Not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking for something that can be easily installed in a rack to keep the drawer of my mixer from sliding out during travel or while rolling on location.

Airliner flightcarts have a very elegant solution (and, I bet, pricy) to keep them from rolling away from their nooks. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Chindha had somethig similar, but I just haven't been able to find any online, and don't even know what they're called…

I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions or pointers you may have, even if it's not strictly that kind of latch. I'm open to any suggestion that will resolve this particular issue.

TIA!

BK

You might try Sealth Aero Marine.

They make and distribute exactly the aircraft latches you seek. When I contacted them several years ago, the minimum order for latches was only $100 and the SAM 423, the latch I selected, was $22.55. So, five latches (more or less) satisfies the minimum order requirement.

David

http://www.sealth.com/online%20catalog.htm

Blas, I had to figure out how to do a latch on the sliding shelf that holds the mixing panel and this is what I have used for the last 4 carts. Unfortunately, I don't think it will work for you and a case-based cart, but I will put the pictures up anyway. I purchased a threaded fitting from West Marine that is sized ¼-20 threads, then fabricated a threaded knob that turns the bolt in or out, contacting the sliders that I installed to hold the shelf that I fabricated. With this I can push the shelf all the way in and lock it off (bolt finds a keeper hole in the pushed in position) or pull the mixing panel out and by pressure the bolt keeps the shelf in position. Sometimes in tight quarters I need to pull the mixer out just far enough to get to the faders.

post-1-0-31747500-1423779535_thumb.jpg

turn knob in marine fitting

post-1-0-48287400-1423779576_thumb.jpg

mixer shelf pulled part way out