Wave Agent ?

Tom Maloney

I am guess it is something I am doing wrong. When I fill out the header info on creating a sound report the info seems to go in any random order it wants to and not the order I would like it to.

Example if I list the date at the top of the first column it might end up the third entry down in the third column.

Thanks

Tom

At least you have the ability. I can't even get the web page to submit my info successfully so that I can get a link e-mailed to me for download. It has been a week since I last tried it and put it out of my mind, but I'd like to get a working copy.

I sent support an e-mail and called (not surprisingly closed for the weekend), but is there a repository somewhere I can download a Windows 8.1 compatible version this weekend before I call them on Monday?

I love that Zaxcom posts their software and firmware on their forum and wish SD would do it as well.

At least you have the ability. I can't even get the web page to submit my info successfully so that I can get a link e-mailed to me for download. It has been a week since I last tried it and put it out of my mind, but I'd like to get a working copy.

I sent support an e-mail and called (not surprisingly closed for the weekend), but is there a repository somewhere I can download a Windows 8.1 compatible version this weekend before I call them on Monday?

I love that Zaxcom posts their software and firmware on their forum and wish SD would do it as well.

Doug,

Did you ever get to the point where you entered your name and email?  I just tried it and got the link even though it looked like the web page never completed.

PM me your email and I will forward you the link.

I am guess it is something I am doing wrong. When I fill out the header info on creating a sound report the info seems to go in any random order it wants to and not the order I would like it to.

Example if I list the date at the top of the first column it might end up the third entry down in the third column.

Thanks

Tom

Tom,

If I remember correctly, the header items in the pdf are in a fixed order.  If you need something more custom, use the CSV export and put it into an excel spreadsheet with the pre-filled header info.

They do post directly hardware related firmware on the Sound Devices website, which can be directly downloaded.

The utility Wave Agent which is a universal utility not necessarily connected with operating SD hardware is very generously made available for free and simply asks for email confirmation in return.

I think it's an important distinction.

There is no right to Wave Agent for operating SD hardware.

Zaxcom does not have similar utility software, the closest is Zaxconvert but that is specifically linked with translating MARF to WAV.

I'd be very happy to pay for Wave Agent to be developed further with increased capability, but SD have never taken that route with it, and though it's incredibly useful, if only it could be taken just that little bit further .... but that's another story.

They do post directly hardware related firmware on the Sound Devices website, which can be directly downloaded.

The utility Wave Agent which is a universal utility not necessarily connected with operating SD hardware is very generously made available for free and simply asks for email confirmation in return.

I think it's an important distinction.

There is no right to Wave Agent for operating SD hardware.

Zaxcom does not have similar utility software, the closest is Zaxconvert but that is specifically linked with translating MARF to WAV.

I'd be very happy to pay for Wave Agent to be developed further with increased capability, but SD have never taken that route with it, and though it's incredibly useful, if only it could be taken just that little bit further .... but that's another story.

I agree. I think more utility in both Wave Agent and CL-Wifi is more than worth paying for. I have not adopted the MovieSlate technique for report writing, simply because I find entering two sets of metadata redundant. Either make CL-Wifi a paid App with more utility, or quit considering it a value added benefit.