Sennheiser MKH 8060 Fake?

Tong0615

I saw today a post about fake Sennheiser MKH416, and just for sure checked my MKH 8060, Which was also bought from Ebay (not from China, but from Polen). a little bit shocked, I'm even not sure if it's a real one or a fake. it looks different compare to the picture on Sennheiser's web. As you may see on the pic, there is no Logo and model number on the Mic and on pre-amp, which i could see on every pic from sennheiser's web, there should be logo and model number on the mic. 

After discover this, i did a test record immediately with my Nomad and did a comparison with some MKH-8060 review on YouTube, It's really hard to tell if it's real or a fake one, because i have never used a MKH-8060. I got a traditional german Tonmeister education with classical music recording background, work a lot with MKH-60 and Schoeps CMIT, the sound of this mic in my mind is some how not typical Sennheiser, but also not bad. so I am wondering, if some one have a 8060 and could sent me a small piece of record, that i can do a A-B Comparison, I would also like to send my test record to some one who have a 8060, to do this test.. Thanks a lot.

post-10561-0-00919100-1424299273_thumb.j

post-10561-0-39927200-1424299300_thumb.j

post-10561-0-41745300-1424299325_thumb.j

post-10561-0-61267100-1424299348_thumb.j

post-10561-0-52054300-1424299370_thumb.j

Contacted the seller yesterday, he said that he got the mic directly from the headquarter of Sennheiser in Germany, so, that would very possibly to be a "Special Edition" :-) . A small surprise.

Not necessarily. While I buy all my Sennheiser gear at a place that is not Sennheiser, I get the actual purchases delivered straight from their headquarters. Nothing "Special Edition" about it all and the letters of my 8060 are clearly readable

Not necessarily. While I buy all my Sennheiser gear at a place that is not Sennheiser, I get the actual purchases delivered straight from their headquarters. Nothing "Special Edition" about it all and the letters of my 8060 are clearly readable

This is normal - Sennheiser have a central warehouse in Germany and deliveries are made direct to the customer anywhere in Europe direct from this warehouse.

Gefell and quite a few other companies do it this way as well, as it means that the distributors in each country do not need to keep large stocks 

This all drop shipping right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_shipping

Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.

[way more info at the above link]

This all drop shipping right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_shipping

Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.

[way more info at the above link]

What I was describing was more how the manufacturer or distributor ships to the retailer - though sometimes, if an urgent order, the retailer will ask for shipment direct to the end user.