What color is the dress?

VASI

This is a hangout, not a monastery. From the beginning, Jeff's approach to this forum has been one of inclusion rather than exclusion.

Our discussions have pretty much run the gamut (thankfully, with relatively little Kardashian). The talk includes whatever professional sound folk might be interested in -- which encompasses a rather wide swath.

The key is to keep idle chatter in the proper category and not to pollute the other threads (well, not too much). That way, participants are free to avoid whatever doesn't interest them.

A sterling example is, even though this is a forum aimed at professionals, we get lots if clueless newbie questions. If one finds such queries tedious, they are free to avoid the voluminous "Which one mic should I buy?" topics which many find more annoying than a reference to an internet meme.

This is a hangout, not a monastery. From the beginning, Jeff's approach to this forum has been one of inclusion rather than exclusion.

Our discussions have pretty much run the gamut (thankfully, with relatively little Kardashian). The talk includes whatever professional sound folk might be interested in -- which encompasses a rather wide swath.

The key is to keep idle chatter in the proper category and not to pollute the other threads (well, not too much). That way, participants are free to avoid whatever doesn't interest them.

A sterling example is, even though this is a forum aimed at professionals, we get lots if clueless newbie questions. If one finds such queries tedious, they are free to avoid the voluminous "Which one mic should I buy?" topics which many find more annoying than a reference to an internet meme.

So does that mean we can post thousands of cat pictures just like the rest of the interwebs?

So does that mean we can post thousands of cat pictures just like the rest of the interwebs?

If you dare...

I certainly don't make the rules around here -- I'm only paying homage to our host's intent of non-exclusion, and reminding others (and myself) that it's a simple matter to just ignore a topic that is not of interest.

If you dare...

I certainly don't make the rules around here -- I'm only paying homage to our host's intent of non-exclusion, and reminding others (and myself) that it's a simple matter to just ignore a topic that is not of interest.

Well just for you John I present you a guinea pig pretending to be a baked potato. G9hXz.jpg

Finally we can start posting cat pictures

J7WDe8L.jpg

So we can start posting cat pictures?

J7WDe8L.jpg

Can we post cat videos too? Cause I would really like to see how they got in the sink.

I also would like to turn on the water, and capture the SOUND with my analog Nagra

I'm not excluding VAS, he's welcome here. I'm just asking we not perpetuate something that can be found everywhere else on the internet.

Not a problem Nick.

Everyone see things different. Everyone hear things different. And that's the beauty! Just like this dress

:)

Yes, but could we get back to the dress please? We really need to see K. wear the dress.

post-1622-0-82427500-1425140428_thumb.jp