Which Harness

Lee Parker

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new harness to suit my 190cm (6'3") 110kg (17st) frame.

I'll be using the Orca OR-34 bag with SD664, 4 Lectro RX, Lectro links (hops) and all the required bits and pieces.

Anyone else out there with an oversize body, and a heavy kit I'm keen to hear which harness you prefer?

Cheers Lee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

KT Systems because it's very light, airy, fast, and crucially has a separate quick adjustment of under arm tension which can variably take some weight off the shoulders to the degree of, almost entirely. Very long days kill my shoulder blade muscles with any old harness, but with a KT I can alleviate this.
I find I really don't need any padded, heavyweight, and hence sweaty harness.

But the best harness has probably got a lot to do with individual physiology, and what works well for one individual is not so good for another.

as a sound man with a touch of fat bastard too (short version),

I have been using petrol harness for years, very happy,

but I use a separate rocket padded waist belt too, that loops thru the "belt loop' on the petrol bag.

I'm 6'5 and after many years of Versaflex am happily using the Orca. The last few years for me have been a constant adjustment for better ergonomics. Lighter gear (dual receivers, light recorder, lighter/shorter boom mics, shorter zepplins, smaller cart..) matters to me more and more. I tried to wait for the Ktek harness (love the stingray2 bag) but glad I went w Orca when I did. The waist support is quite good. Will still consider Ktek if/when it comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

We've really worked hard on the harness, and we are happy we are now able to say that it is going into production. We should have it in 3 to 4 months. I'll be making a pre-order announcement soon with pricing information once we have that locked down. 

Looks like a great harness! The rigid spine is a clever idea, just wondering if it's adjustable for tall users like me.

Yup. It is height adjustable. I've had people in it that are about 6'3' or 6'5" (I'm 5'6", so it's hard for me to tell) all the way down to 5'2".