PSC six pack in a Petrol 614?

John Ronnerblad

Hi John!

The Six Pack will fit in the front pocket if you remove the receiver holder.

It's a tight fit, but it does fit if you make low profile TA3's for your Six Pack. The Hirose power plug is really tight in there, though.

I can post a few photos of my 614 with the SixPack when I get back from work tonight if you wish.

Cheers,

Jürg

Well, I had thought about making a dsub37 snake, but after some measuring I figured out that the dsub plug won't fit into the PS614, the whole assembly would be way too deep. I found dsub25 right angle plugs for my Solice Mini snakes, but haven't been able to find right angle dsub37's...

The Hirose plug could be made shorter by dremeling off the strain relief of the HR10 plug (i guess this wouldn't work with the cheaper HR10A version) and filling it with epoxy or hot glue. I'll try that once I'm back to my place in a few weeks.

I'll post a few pictures tomorrow.

Best,

Jürg

As for the criss-cross antenna cables on the Six Pack, I'm certain you could wire them straight down without any problem, that would only reverse the antennas. I don't see any problem with that.

As the antenna cables on the Six Pack are just the right length for a criss-cross pattern, you'd have to disassemble the Six Pack and pull the cables into the unit an inch or so in order to make them look tidy.

But your idea is actually excellent. Due to the criss-cross antenna cables, adjustments on the receivers are always kind of a pain. Wiring them straight down would allow for much better access to the receivers' buttons.

BTW, unlike what you see on every picture of the Six Pack available on the web, you actually need to use the whole SRUNI adapter kit, including the blue bracket, in order to insert the Lectro SRb's securely into the Six Pack's slots. And the receivers stick out of the Six Pack by an inch or so. I didn't expect that when I bought my Six Pack, but now I find it looks kind of cool...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, my idea with this setup was that I wanted to have a fully loaded and cabled bag I could just pull out of the cart, insert an NP1, attach a RFVenue antenna to the Six Pack and walk up to the top of that hill where the director wants to improvise a shot.

So my setup on the cart is: Lectro SRb's --> Sonosax SX62R ISO tracks --> SX62R direct outs --> AD 255 mixer inputs --> AD255 main outs --> SX62R line inputs to mix tracks.

When I want to go portable, I only need to unplug the dsub25 direct out snake, the XLR7 return and aux snake and the XLR4 power cables from the Sonosax, load the BAG user setup and off I go. The changeover only takes around 30 seconds.

And the best thing is that I'll be able to implement the same setup on my upcoming Storm Case based mini cart in which I'm going to setup the PSC Solice Mini. One bag with all my wireless and recorder and IFB transmitters -- several sound carts adapted to the nature of the work i'm doing on a given day.

• 1 month later...