Memory card survey for Zaxcom products

bendybones

I've been using Kensington 16gb 133x for a long while with no problems in nomad and deva. I use a 126gb sandisk for the main card on nomad. Also, no issues. I use the trancend cards in my dslrs to shoot raw video and the speed tests on those kick the crap out of everything else Ive tested.

Nomad Primary: Transcend 128GB 800x has been working for me lately. I haven't used it as long as some others.

Otherwise I usually use the 133x 32GB Transcend in either slot

This is exactly what I use. 128GB 800x Transcend in primary slot, and various sizes (8GB-32GB) 133x Transcend on the mirror slot. It has been working flawlessly for me for a while now. I've been using Transcend cards for over two years and not one has let me down, so I will continue to use them on both my Nomad and Maxx for the foreseeable future.

• 4 years later...

It seems to be an old topic, but I've had issues recently with FW 8.05 on the nomad, not accepting some of my Transcend 16 and 32 gig cards. It seems that in previous Firmware Versions this wasn't the issue. probably since you can alter your metadata after the file has been mirrored the nomad has become more picky.

Has anybody some information on that?

Actually, so far my investigations lead to the conclusion that all my 16 gig cards from Transcend (x133) and Sandisk are affected. Some of them would say they can't work just after a while. Or the whole mirroring process starts from new after rebooting the nomad. Quite annoying because I have a ot of 16 gig cards!

I am talking of problems with a Nomad 12, FW 8.05 and CF memory cards both by Transcend and Sandisk...

• 1 year later...

Has anyone been using the industrial CF cards with SMART enabled capabilities? 

I'd love to be able to use a drive-health monitoring system like DriveDX but don't want to invest in the SMART cards if they don't perform well in Zaxcom recorders.

Cheers,

Evan

• 2 years later...
44 minutes ago, CarLi said:

Hello,
Sorry if I can't contribute much to the most recent questions.... In fact, I also have a question.... Is it possible to use a Compact Flash to SD or microSD adapter? (I mean to make the mirror copy)

Thank you

Yes with a good adapter. 
be aware some adapters are thicker. 
I used adapters but do not like that the SD pops out. 
just bring a small reader with you. 

1 minute ago, RadoStefanov said:

Yes with a good adapter. 
be aware some adapters are thicker.