Digi 002 Standalone 24/48?

Hi all, 

I just got a Digi 002 to work with BR and wanted to confirm that it works at 24/48 in stand alone mode?

I assume that using BR will not allow me to configure the Digi 002 for 24/96?

The Digi 002 is sending prefader in stand alone mode (question being if the limiter can be applied before the signal reaches the BR)?

Thanks

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

It's running it own clock at 24/48 if so selected. No word clock I/o to sync it to any thing else. It is very klunky as the drivers have been long discontinued. There are better solutions with better preamps and converters available for not a lot of money if computer only recording is the route you want to go down. I suspect you can apply stand alone fx, but you want pre-fade-effected ISO tracks don't you?

Also, you must watch that sample rate like a hawk to make sure it is where you want it. That unit loves 44.1k. Makes for chipmunk sounding out of sync dailies!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Todd, I have started to work with it, and klunky is a good word. What I was looking for was something that could work with BR to handle 6-8 channels, something that works stand alone, and something that works with PT. I have found no other solution. If something comes to mind, please let me know. The DIgi 003 driver will drive the Digi 002 (no Avid support, so you are on your own if you have a problem) in Yosemite. Testing is not complete, but dynamic effects appear to capable of being pre- or post. Preamps are not glorious, I will give you that. 

Hi Jay, I am working on a doc with a skeleton crew. I am shooting all location sound in 24/96 to be able to extract the most out of it in post. 

Looking at my digi 02 in front me now when set to stand alone mode it says 44.1khz in the sample rate display without any way to change it. 

"Digital Mixer Sample Rate In Stand-alone mode, Digi 002 functions as a digital mixer with a nominal sample rate of 44.1 kHz. Analog input signals are converted to digital signals for processing and mixing. In Stand-alone mode, Digi 002 supports digital inputs at sample rates up to 48 kHz." 

- from the manual

So I'm assuming it can accept 48k through digital input but will still get converted down to 44.1.

If you are using any PT after PT8 you can use any other digital board now and not confined to DIGi/AVID consoles. There are many more digital boards that will work with PT with better sounding preamps for loc work as well that I would recommend over the digi 02..even with the BL preamp mods the preamps were missing lots. 

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the Midas "Venice F24"? After downloading the drivers, I plugged the FW into my Macbook Air and recorded 17 tracks in a Logic session. It worked perfect. Theoretically, you could record 24 tracks this way. The Venice F24 is kinda big, but what a great interface for computer recording - 24 in and 24 out... $1800. It's just crazy.