New Zaxcom Products announced!

Matt Martin

I thought the 942 was compatible with the digital mics at least it has the provision in the extended menu. I have never tried it on mine but that's why I bought it for when I buy a super cmit.

Tony

the 942 is compatible with the super cmit. with the caveat that you can only transmit either the processed or unprocessed output of the super cmit, not both as you can with the 742. (though i am ever optimistic that may change. even if its not physically possible)

though i have found (and its a while since i last checked) that the 942 in AES42 mode with the dropout compensator on will crash when you get out of ifb range. but as i dont use the zaxnet to send audio to my crew or the grown ups, its never bothered me.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 742 with timecode out and analog scratch you for monitoring would make another great camera solution as you could stick them, along with a short shotgun, on the camera to get the camera mic to your bag and provide feeds to the cam without having to stick on another device. There are many situations where the camera mic can go places you cannot. I'd love this.

Wow interesting point. Good thinking

-Ken

A 742 with timecode out and analog scratch you for monitoring would make another great camera solution as you could stick them, along with a short shotgun, on the camera to get the camera mic to your bag and provide feeds to the cam without having to stick on another device.  There are many situations where the camera mic can go places you cannot.  I'd love this.

be great,  i'd kill to have a 742 with headphone out like that,   + would be great for bush walk recordings, 

I asked for this 3 years ago but it was not well received.

that's a shame,  imho it  should have been a given, doesn't need to be a powerful headphone out. 

the 742, i truly believe could become a cult classic if there was a headphone out, and b,  the option to go into the ext. menu and switch it to 48k recordings (record only mode, no TX)

I think it would be brilliant,  hopefully glen reads this and sees the value of this :-), the SFX / ambience recording world would latch on.   Yes i'm aware of the ERX monitoring, but it's not full frequency monitoring that ambience recordings need for their monitoring.  the 942 had at least the headphone part, but wrong form factor. 

742 at an optional 48k to me makes a lot of sense, as i'm sure this could be implemented in a firmware.

that's a shame, imho it should have been a given, doesn't need to be a powerful headphone out.

the 742, i truly believe could become a cult classic if there was a headphone out, and b, the option to go into the ext. menu and switch it to 48k recordings (record only mode, no TX)

I think it would be brilliant, hopefully glen reads this and sees the value of this :-), the SFX / ambience recording world would latch on. Yes i'm aware of the ERX monitoring, but it's not full frequency monitoring that ambience recordings need for their monitoring. the 942 had at least the headphone part, but wrong form factor.

742 at an optional 48k to me makes a lot of sense, as i'm sure this could be implemented in a firmware.

I agree.

48k might not happen because of the dsp speed...

Why timecode?

Apart from the general use of the trx742 on a boom pole or in a sound bag as a stereo transmitter, I wish to use it on a dslr as a stereo sound recorder. Because I don't want another box on the small camera and some additional batteries to charge for an ERX2TC for tc into the cam and a mono signal for the monitoring, I hope for zaxcom to build everything into one box. And I think, that I wouldn't be the only one looking for a simple and high qualitiy solution like that (obviously I am not).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...