More 664 woes

millar

Hey all,

So my 664 is acting up again. I am gettin corrupt files on the SD card that show up with zero bytes as the file size on the SD but on the CF there is a file with actual data in it. Recording multiple mono. Sometimes it is only one stem on the SD of the multiple mono file that is affected by the zero bytes issue. I thought that I had a bad card which went out of the rotation but the problem has persisted on multiple cards using approved media (Sandisk 64BG CF Extreme Pro 95MB/s). I am also noticing now that the date modified is different between the CF and SD cards (although the actual timecode is correct on files written to both CF and SD) with a difference of exactly 1 hour between them. The CF will have a date modified that is in line with the TOD TC but the SD is exactly one hour slow on the date modified from the TC written in the metadata.

Anyone have any problems remotely close and found a solution?

Millar

I am running the most recent firmware and no, I have not tried smaller SD card sizes.  I am using cards from the Prod Co. that I am doing the job for.  I never had this issue before with my own cards so my inclination to to blame the cards (especially since it seems to be multiple cards which are all exactly the same size, brand and speed). I will try my Sandisk extreme Plus 32GB 80MB/s tomorrow and see if it helps. It is a pretty frustrating problem as I have to Google drive the files over the follwoing day when it happens and I dont want to make a name for myself with post for data problems.

Poly wav have always been fine in the past, specific request from post for .wav mono

What stands out are the "Companies cards"...  

You are NOT the buyer, you don't know where they came from or how old they are....if they have been super heated or dropped.... and a few other things.... 

Also ....   I don't swap cards between machines... but recently I did between a 788 and a 633...  with a new computer format in between... No issues.... but... I like to keep cards for specific machines... and I like total control over those cards...  as the situation will permit..

As you say, try YOUR cards....  controlled by you.... I bet they work fine...  Pre format in your computer before your machine format...

I only use (unknown) production SD cards if I'm really asked to - for fast delivery after a day of shooting. But I always record on my own CF card too, and make a backup that I keep until the show airs. :-)

Never lost a file so far. *knock on wood*

Cheers

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk