Water restrictions California

Prahlad Strickland

You're very selective in who you think starts fights on this forum. If you go back and re-read you'll see that atheIsticmystic came out of the blue and attacks me. Go back and read it, it's post #32.

He says, "It's amazing how little you've changed in a year. Are your jobs that brain-dead, that you have this much libidinal energy to sublimate ?

As for my part, I'm feeling surly and taking it out on you."

He got bored and decided to pick on someone that had said nothing to him. He has a history in wanting to be agressive towards me and loves to engage.

A year ago his father passed on, rest his soul, and he became less agressive towards people and eventually stopped posting. My guess is he was putting his priorities in perspective and attacking me wasn't one of them. Atheistic reappears one year later and one of his first post he puts up is an unprovocked attack on me. My conclusion, his humbliness had worn off and, like any unrepentant addict, he's back to his old tricks. And to you, Crew, that makes me the bad guy.

As far as my water conservation tip; I get it, Crew, you like your pot, you enjoy getting high. I don't care. I enjoy hamburgers. I guess we all pick what's important in our lives.

Ah yes. Mirror playing the victim card.

So typical of a rightwinger when they get called on their BS.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks, the guy's a xxxx. If he continue to engages me like he has in the past, he'll continue to get both barrels. To be honest, he doesn't have the gray matter to keep up.

And here he wants to say he's smarter than everyone else. Classic traits of a sociopath.

Stopping all new housing projects would keep the problem from getting worse.

Moronic solution.

Back to the thread.

They should raise the rates on water being used by the fracking industry, because it's a scarce commodity. The same way the industry has raised prices on oil whenever they feel like it.

They should raise the rebates on replacing lawn and garden plants with drought resistant plants amd artificial grass.

All new construction should be forced by law to use artificial grass and drought resistant plants.

mirror, AKA........?    

BTW, is right winger or left winger a mudslinging term? or just an identifying term? mirror has certainly been called worse.

CrewC

Yeah, I didn't know rightwinger or left winger were derogatory terms like libtard and republitard are.

I simply stated what aI see all the time, where those on the right, when called on their bullshit, play the victim card.

As Mirror was, and did.

sat·ire
ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
noun

1. the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

I didn't read that into your witticism.  Maybe these would be useful :mellow:  :blink:  ;D  8)  ::)  :-[  >:D  ^_^  :P

CrewC

you know..using artificial turf (grass) has more than just the "watering" benefit. Artificial turf doesn't need to be watered, but it also doesn't need to be mowed, which means no loud lawn mowers spewing noise (thinking of location shoots) and exhaust into the air. Then, you don't need the leaf blowers to blow all the grass off the sidewalks. 

BTW...since I've moved out of SoCal, I've yet to see someone use a leaf blower in any capacity. 

Regarding artificial turf I guess we just won't worry about the environmental costs of producing it or the fact that artificial turf produces no beneficial oxygen but does produce significant toxic gases when heated. Just a thought. All these things are actually quite complex but banning leaf blowers should be a no brainer.

Grass grows, absorbs carbon dioxide, releases oxygen, clippings are consumed by bacteria which absorb oxygen and release carbon dioxide. Net zero except for keeping some creatures alive. Path through a cow is a bit more complex and involves other bacteria and some methane. Again, long term, net zero for oxygen and carbon plus a well fed cow.

As Jeff said, "All these things are actually quite complex..."

Best,

Larry F

Grass grows, absorbs carbon dioxide, releases oxygen, clippings are consumed by bacteria which absorb oxygen and release carbon dioxide. Net zero except for keeping some creatures alive. Path through a cow is a bit more complex and involves other bacteria and some methane. Again, long term, net zero for oxygen and carbon plus a well fed cow.

As Jeff said, "All these things are actually quite complex..."

Best,

Larry F

I'm curious where your information is coming from on on the net zero carbon via cows. Everything I have seen shows the larger amount of wasted energy, larger carbon footprint, and environmental waste through cow production. Although this maybe be true following a blade of grass for example, some people might therefore assume cow production is "net zero". It seems misleading... unless what I've seen is incorrect.

Hi Palmer,

Assume an unproduced cow. Make it an elk if you like. As long as everything is above ground, the oxygen net is zero. To get oxygen from growing grass, you'd have to squester the carbon, i. e. , bury it very deep, shoot it into space, convert it into peat, something to keep the carbon from recombining with free oxygen. My point only was that growing grass doesn't generate anything but short term oxygen that eventually recombines with whatever the grass becomes, usually clippings. There's other stuff going on with water and nitrogen but it still is a pretty closed system.

Best,

Larry F

There's just no way around these things, which gives credibility to the first song I was ever paid to record, way back in the 1970s:

Gloom, despair, and agony on me (whoahhhhhh)

Deep, dark, depression, excessive misery (whoahhhhhh)

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all (whoahhhhhh)

Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

Anyone recall my many beefs with Mirror Man? They were a few years ago. I wanted was his name so he gave me a phony name from a movie and I fell for it. Then RVD (who at the time was my #1 hater) stood up for him. It was loads of fun. I am highly amused by him now, and it's nice that history has shown I was right about him.

But let's go global - fuck *anyone* here who doesn't post by their name! This forum would be so much more professional and interesting (and self-moderated) if we all had to use real names. (Yes, I am using bad language and claiming to be professional.)

Another plea to Jeff - don't allow anyone using a BS handle to post! I should really set up a vote for this.

Water! Water is in abundance here in New Orleans. Fascinating topic tho! I hope y'all figure it out before you fall into the ocean!

Dan Izen

Ha! I believe I outlined my thoughts about it, but in case you missed it - anyone who doesn't use their real name in this forum is an asshole.

And by the way - how many god damn years is a few more?!! By my count it's been like 7. That's more than a few!

Dan Izen

The situation with AFew is a bit different from some of the other posters here. I know the identity of AFew or, at least, I think I do.

I'm also confident that Jeff knows as well as some other members here. A circumstance where the host knows the identity of a poster and maintains the confidentiality of that identity is somewhat different than having a participant whose identity is unknown to everyone but themselves.

David

Dan, I'm Bob Dreebin...LA based mixer.... Everyone feel better now...

I don' t see why people are assholes...I have absolutely no angry feelings towards those who use made up names... Who cares....

By calling people assholes, and using "Fuck" on the forum it seems your the only one who fits your bill...

Seriously, who cares....

I'm trying to get out of this business as soon as possible... But, unfortunately... It will in fact be even a few more years till I can... Life sucks..

Dan, you must not be on too many forums... Real names are seldome used.... I am on quite a few... That's how it is..

Take a deep breath....none of this matters...

I knew it was Bob something! And in regards to your inquiry, that was precisely what I found infinitely elevating about THIS forum - you knew who the posters were! It was amazing, a relevation, a dream realized, and also I thought it was pretty cool.

'Nuff said. Water!

Dan Izen

Reducing beef consumption would go a long way. Perhaps the beef industry could follow the oil industry. Raise prices as demand is reduced. Maintain profits, and create a healthier population and environment.

I brought this up to a friend of mine and he had an interesting point. In his words, " It's not so much the cattle that are the issue, it's all the water being used for the corn that is fed to the cattle. If they were allowed to be free range then the water problem wouldn't be so much a problem. However, the cattle would be lean and taste like deer, which most people would have a hard time getting use to."