NAB 2015 New Stuff

Bash

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check AudioLtd at the Redding Audio Booth.

The new 1010 full digital wireless system is very impressive and a  welcome addition to our world. 

Looks and feels solid and very well designed.

The receiver is single channel and has AES output.

Possibly a Superslot compatible...

The special modulation will make it easy to fit a lot of microphone frequencies in a very small RF space.

Availability is September 2015 from Redding Audio.

If you are at NAB stop and check it out...

comp2_02.png

I would not call it a cart...

Half/Bag/SmallCovered - cart then ? I crossed it earlier today on the web figuring by the price it was a small one, but it's got casters and you can sit in front of it lol (think it was on Gotham website but nore sure...)

... the video isn't very convincing either;  It doesn't look like a solid, tight solution at all. :D

When I crossed the small picture on the Gotham website I figured by the price that it was a light tube framing small cart with kind of a ''tarp protection'' around it. Didn't investigate more since that's not what I was looking for at the moment. Yikes.

Ambient. ? Any demos of BTS working with 600 series or even 788t?

I got a demo of the ambient beetle working with a 633. Their Tonmeister app was able to interface with the 633, control metadata as well as do transport control. The firmware version that allows for this will likely be released by Sound Devices in the coming months. It should be available for the 788, and it will also likely be available for the 688.

It's one of the coolest things I saw on the show.

I didn't get a chance to see the DA-6400 at NAB but it looks to be a really nice high track count recorder, similar to the JoeCo units that have been in use for awhile.

- from the Tascam site:

The DA-6400 is a universal backup recording system for up to 64 audio tracks received from a Digital Audio Workstation or live mixing console. The recorder can be used with a variety of interface boards like MADI, DANTE, DigiLink, AVB or AES/EBU.

post-1-0-36769600-1429290824_thumb.jpg

Not sure if it was mentionned but i thought the porta-brace "military vest" concept is a pretty good idea.

Anything that can help balance the front weight of a sound kit is a good idea for my back.

http://www.newsshooter.com/2015/04/17/nab-2015-portabrace-audio-tactical-vest/

+2 looks awesome! A Nomad 12 rig and the Nomad touch on that little flap thing there :)

I don't know, I've worn some military vests in my time, and the way that those are loaded down is closer to the body.  This seems like a traditional small bag sewn onto a hot vest.  What would have made more sense is to place the mixer on the chest as is, but no other "double deep" row of receivers.  The receivers should be on a flap that can be folded over the head and on the chest, in order to change settings, take a look at RF, etc... but otherwise folded back over the head and rest on the upper back / shoulders while operating for load balance.  With a vest, you can run and the equipment doesn't flop.  With the double row of gear, your going to have a big sprung load bouncing up and down on your belly.  With the RF gear on your back, you'd truly have load balance and distribution.  You should be able to jump in / out of vehicles quickly with a minimal amount of gear in the way.  There should be a pouch for a CP200 and integrated holes / routing for coms cables.  I'm not a big fan of S.T.R.I.K.E. / MOLLE gear.  Yes it is flexible and mission configurable, but adds its own weight, higher profile, creates places for cables / branches to get hooked onto, is more expensive, and sort of flops a little bit too.  When I'm wearing sound gear, the mission doesn't change to much, in that I'm going to go mix sound.  I don't have to worry about changing from MP5 mags to M4 mags, or carrying 203 40mm rounds, etc...  Since this is suited to a 4ch wireless / Nomad / Maxx type of job, would just prefer to see exactly the pouches I need sewn in and keep it at that.

I don't know, I've worn some military vests in my time, and the way that those are loaded down is closer to the body.  This seems like a traditional small bag sewn onto a hot vest.  What would have made more sense is ...

Tom, good points. I'm pretty sure that vest is still a prototype. Porta's Adam Butler is the guy behind the design, and Adam hangs out here a bit. He showed the thing to me at NAB...it's pretty interesting and I bet Adam would appreciate feedback via PM or whatever... I'm only chiming in because I bet Adam's a bit tired today...