New Zaxcom Products

Jack Norflus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn I wish the Oasis could work with the Deva/Fusion

I was just thinking about that,I think WE all who want this happen should let Zaxcom hear our wish. I thought when I see Deva32 I'd immediately decide I'll sell my deva16 but actually I don't. Deva32 is definitely amazing machine.But the Deva&Fusion serials still have such potential to go for,their ability never been fully developed yet. Oasis would be PERFECT for my Deva16. PLEASE  Glenn and Howy !!!! 

The app is available for download (free) and the dongle is now available for sale at the usual suspects. Retails for about $250.

I'm reading in Zaxmote user guide (on the Zaxcom website) that the Dongle needs to be connected in the QRXIfb serial port and in one of the minijack (for grounding purpose). Now, how can I send both timecode and audio over Zaxnet, if I have to dedicate one of the minijack for the bluetooth dongle?

I hate to be a negative ninny, but I hope that Touch does not override any future Nomad software tweaks to make our bag lives easier. It may not be very practical to use Touch in the bag when running and gunning and I'd hate to see requests like scene and take display or user screen choice being thrown aside in favour of these new products. The grump in me can see that happening...

James, I think that with the Touch interface they've tried to satisfy all of these requests,
So I possibly fear that we won't see these on the actual Nomad screen, and as you say having a touchpad on a bag while running & gunning doesn't look very practical.  

While the Nomad Touch app interface seems reasonably priced for all the extra features it offers, I think the Bluetooth dongle for Zaxmote operation is way overpriced

James, I think that with the Touch interface they've tried to satisfy all of these requests,

So I possibly fear that we won't see these on the actual Nomad screen, and as you say having a touchpad on a bag while running & gunning doesn't look very practical.  

While the Nomad Touch interface seems reasonably priced for all the extra features, I think the Bluetooth dongle for Zaxmote operation is way overpriced

Think I can make it work, if the connectors are ruggedised in some way?

While the Nomad Touch app interface seems reasonably priced for all the extra features it offers, I think the Bluetooth dongle for Zaxmote operation is way overpriced

Pure conjecture, but if that's how these requests are to be satisfied, then it isn't terribly satisfactory. Touch is cool, but it really looks much more feasible for sit-down jobs. I hope Nomad itself will continue to evolve for it's primary use as a doco/reality recorder without the need of a 'bolt-on'.

Oasis on the other hand looks great for small narrative set ups.

I hate to be a negative ninny, but I hope that Touch does not override any future Nomad software tweaks to make our bag lives easier. It may not be very practical to use Touch in the bag when running and gunning and I'd hate to see requests like scene and take display or user screen choice being thrown aside in favour of these new products. The grump in me can see that happening...

I think it is fairly clear that Zaxcom are heading towards the cart/bag capabilities of the Nomad, and that the Oasis and Touch units are to be used in a cart situation. At least to me that seems to be true. And people seem to be happy with the Nomad in the bag. And then Zaxcom are known to be developing and helping products long after release. That probably won't stop, since they didn't release a new Nomad