New Zaxcom Products

Jack Norflus

I think it is fairly clear that Zaxcom are heading towards the cart/bag capabilities of the Nomad, and that the Oasis and Touch units are to be used in a cart situation. At least to me that seems to be true. And people seem to be happy with the Nomad in the bag. And then Zaxcom are known to be developing and helping products long after release. That probably won't stop, since they didn't release a new Nomad

I dunno. Touch was demo'd in the videos as a bag rig. All this stuff still has time to develop of course, but whilst I'm happy enough with Nomad as it stands their are doubtless a few GUI tweaks that users have been requesting that I'd rather see 'on-board' and not ported to an external device that may prove difficult to manage on the go.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading in Zaxmote user guide (on the Zaxcom website) that the Dongle needs to be connected in the QRXIfb serial port and in one of the minijack (for grounding purpose). Now, how can I send both timecode and audio over Zaxnet, if I have to dedicate one of the minijack for the bluetooth dongle?

I'm not aware of this. My understand is that the dongle plugs into the serial port in the QRX with QIFB

How small can these windows 8 tablets be? If it can be iphone sized or so i could see myself put one on my bag for run n' gunnin.

As long as it's running Windows 8.1 and it has the appropriate USB port required to make the serial connection, it can be as small as you like.

Any idea if the trx900cl will be updated to be wideband to match the rx200?

I'm sorry to say that it is not currently on the table. The CL has built in filters to help get rid of all the RF garbage outside of its operational block, and due to its nature, wideband is not feasible right now.

So, a wideband link RX but no wideband link TX? Seems odd.

I don't think so. The wideband in the RX gives both the manufacturer and the consumer flexibility. They only need to produce one kind, and you only need to purchase one kind, it will work with any single block Zaxcom TX that you have, whichever block it is.

And though its use is intended for camera end, it's not limited to it. You can easily use this in a bag as talent wireless as well.

So even if they don't produce a wideband CL, there is a benefit to having a wideband RX. Would a wideband CL be beneficial as well as a desired product? Absolutely. Currently, the design doesn't allow for it to be, but one never knows what may be in store for the future.

This Nomad Touch has no use for me in the bag and also very inconvenient on the card since you have to be connected to it all the time.

Unless they make it wireless I don's see myself using it...

The oasis is too long... It might be ok for certain cart setups but for me the form factor makes it very unconformable.

I rather have it wider then longer.

But this is me.

I am sure other people will enjoy the hell out of it...

The good news: 8 channel AES plus zaxnet finally confirmed.

The bad news: the nomad has to be sent to the factory...

But a great thing that was supposed to be achieved long time ago!

I'm sorry to say that it is not currently on the table. The CL has built in filters to help get rid of all the RF garbage outside of its operational block, and due to its nature, wideband is not feasible right now.

Ah ok that makes sense, thanks for letting me know. A wideband tx in the future would definitely be a good product to match this receiver though! Cheers.