New Zaxcom Products

Jack Norflus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite difficult at the present time as they're not in production yet.

Re: the size...

Knowing that it is a single receiver version of a QRX200, needing of course, all associated circurtry, it's pretty much exactly the size I imagined it.

I have absolutely no idea how much being wideband adds to the innards in terms of size - but on a purely personal basis - IF it did make it smaller I'd rather a single block RX particularly as the CL isn't wideband either. It might be entirely moot though, so...

These cameras get smaller and smaller with less places to mount stuff. Anyone that can develop a very small dual RX will make a killing. Difficult to do though.

I have absolutely no idea how much being wideband adds to the innards in terms of size - but on a purely personal basis - IF it did make it smaller I'd rather a single block RX particularly as the CL isn't wideband either. It might be entirely moot though, so...

These cameras get smaller and smaller with less places to mount stuff. Anyone that can develop a very small dual RX will make a killing. Difficult to do though.

Do you honestly think that when Zaxcom decided that they were going to make a small stereo self powered digital receiver with time code that they weren't going to make it as small as they possibly could? If they took out the internal batteries then the unit would be the size that you are looking for - but then the bitching would start that the unit couldn't be self powered.

Do you honestly think that when Zaxcom decided that they were going to make a small stereo self powered digital receiver with time code that they weren't going to make it as small as they possibly could? If they took out the internal batteries then the unit would be the size that you are looking for - but then the bitching would start that the unit couldn't be self powered.

Calm down Jack, I was merely conjecturing.

Hence the bit where I say 'difficult to do'.

I'm glad tc and audio is separated by connector and that it continues that way. Use ERX for the purpose you're describing and use the rx200 for the reasons you don't want to use ERX

"I mean, I already have a ton of ERXs for this kind of setup but I'm not a fan of using those with the FS100 & 700, the C100 Mk1 & 2, the BMD cameras that aren't the Ursa or Ursa Mini, etc. The 1/8" connector has failed me way too often and I'd love to start relying on something like this instead."

I'm not saying that I wished that there wasn't a BNC connector; just that I would really appreciate the ability to output a channel of TC for those times when I needed to keep cable mess down.

Oasis is great,  but it's quite large, quite expensive,   wish there was a aaton style mini controller with 100mm faders like that, for basic up / down mixing.  Like a mix 8 except a fraction of the height. 

the depth of oasis makes it awkard on smaller carts.   In any case, still amazing,  I think the mix 8 due to it's size is still attractive to me,  

heck, maybe I can pick up a mix 8 dirt cheap sometime soon since most will get the oasis.

Ah I forgot about those. I'll definitely miss that feature.

I really believe for what this receiver lacks it makes up for in flexibility. It is exactly what I need to slim down the bulk on certain cameras. Plus it is not limited to just camera mount. I wouldn't call it a giant leap, but certainly a step in the right direction

-Ken

I really believe for what this receiver lacks it makes up for in flexibility. It is exactly what I need to slim down the bulk on certain cameras. Plus it is not limited to just camera mount. I wouldn't call it a giant leap, but certainly a step in the right direction

-Ken

Agreed. I think it's going to be a great product for a great price. I'll be first in line with money in hand.

-Ken

Price is great too. The QRX200 has TC out, so compare it to the QRX235 with QIFB at $3000, and that's a single block product.

Did i see a single serial port on the rx200? Can it be linked with a qifb receiver and remote command a transmitter at the end of the serial chain?

-Ken

Yes, it's a serial port, which is gonna be used for interfacing with other Zaxcom devices. Currently what it can do hasn't been fully determined, but what you describe is definitely within the realm of possibilities.

Did i see a single serial port on the rx200? Can it be linked with a qifb receiver and remote command a transmitter at the end of the serial chain?

-Ken

Well, it doesn't have an antenna and the full IFB card, right? It's decoding TC from the UHF audio stream, not Zaxnet. Unless I misunderstood ....

I would use it on a camera, not in a bag, unless I really needed that extra channel. Being wideband, that's always a possibility though.

Well, it doesn't have an antenna and the full IFB card, right? It's decoding TC from the UHF audio stream, not Zaxnet. Unless I misunderstood ....

I would use it on a camera, not in a bag, unless I really needed that extra channel. Being wideband, that's always a possibility though.

Exactly! For me 99% would be cam link. Hopefully in those rare cases where i'd want to use it as a tallent receiver i can (fingers crossed) serial link to a qifb receiver. Just remote commands on trx is all i would hope for.

-Ken

why can't Nomad 10 use with TOUCH or Oasis console ?!and please tell me how to upgrade my nomad10 to nomad12

Nomad 12 has an additional Linux processor that the 10 and Lite doesn't have - it's this processor that handles the processing necessary to run both the Touch and Oasis. You can upgrade a Lite or a 10 by having the Linux board installed - but that requires a trip back to Zaxcom. All you need to do is contact Zaxcom and arrange for the upgrade.

Nomad 12 has an additional Linux processor that the 10 and Lite doesn't have - it's this processor that handles the processing necessary to run both the Touch and Oasis. You can upgrade a Lite or a 10 by having the Linux board installed - but that requires a trip back to Zaxcom. All you need to do is contact Zaxcom and arrange for the upgrade.

Unless something changed Nomad 10 has the processor on mine.

I updated to 12 with a simple upgrade code.

There is a hardware difference between the 12 and the other Nomads, but it is possible to do the software unlock for track count without having the additional hardware installed. However, if you paid for the upgrade but never sent it in for the new hardware, you should still be able to have it done.

Unless something changed Nomad 10 has the processor on mine.

I updated to 12 with a simple upgrade code.

Was your nomad originally a Nomad 8? Before the 10 was introduced Zaxcom offered the 4, 6, 8 and 12 with the Linux board installed on both the 8 and 12. 

Currently there is the Lite, 10 and 12 with the Linux board only on the 12