New Zaxcom Products

Jack Norflus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it connects through serial port.

To the serial port via a USB style connector in the Nomad on one end, and to a USB port on the tablet on the other end yes?

Hence why it's good to have a,very hard to come by, small (7" or 8") tablet with two USB ports, one for the data, and one for simultaneous charging yes?

Edited by pindrop

It's me nagging again with my old dream: Will we see an updated TRX742 with TC/monitor out this year? Still resisting to buy myself the TRX742 as it is, as I really, really want that plug. It would make the greatest sound solution for small cameras like dslrs ever!

Glen from my tests in my home I was getting about 6-10 feet before i was getting dropouts. Tried it in different rooms and sometimes I could get a little more, but not much. I only tested with one frequency, so not an overly thorough test. 

Thanks. My idea is to use it for b-roll on the same frequency as my link to camera so I can just run around with the boom and not the full setup. Really I just want to be able to monitor while I'm sending the wireless to camera. Yes I would be turning my bag wireless link off when doing b-roll 

Thanks. 

Slightly off topic, I've had very good luck lately with the frequency 2424 for Zaxnet.  Most routers broadcast on channels 1, 6, or 11, and since 2.4Ghz broadcast works across multiple channels, 2424 and 2450 are most likely to be clean from nearby wifi.  Wifi channel graph for explanation:

8cls2.png

Great tip Abe! I've been on 2464 as a default. No real logic to it except to keep on even numbers. There was word from Zax a while back that even numbered 2.4 freqs were yielding slightly better performance. I'll try the 2424 and see how it goes.

j

I'm also thinking to use for a ms setup with my cinela pianissimo. I'm guessing monitoring is only going to be the mid microphone. 

I used sanken CSS-5 with 742 and erx in a situation where mobility was required.

One thing to be aware is you can not connect the 742 directly in most microphones.  get a short boom and put it on the bottom

Edited by RadoStefanov

I used sanken CSS-5 with 742 and erx in a situation where mobility was required.

One thing to be aware is you can not connect the 742 directly in most microphones.  get a short boom and put it on the bottom

Even with an MKH30/8040/8050 with a cinela?

Slightly off topic, I've had very good luck lately with the frequency 2424 for Zaxnet.  Most routers broadcast on channels 1, 6, or 11, and since 2.4Ghz broadcast works across multiple channels, 2424 and 2450 are most likely to be clean from nearby wifi.  Wifi channel graph for explanation:

8cls2.png

Cool tip Thanks

8cls2.png

abe,  do move this to a separate topic so that we can share tips and experiences