New Zaxcom Products

Jack Norflus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be looking for customer feedback on the OLED display before we do anything else with it. I am very happy so far with the look of the display and it seems like it will be the way forward.

We will be delivering the RX200 soon and we will see.

Glenn

There are a number of pieces of kit I know of that operate on external dc with the on/off switch turned to the off position. The obvious one that always amuses me are my Audio Ltd EN2 transmitters. when on INT batteries the on/off switch works as normal, and when on ext dc they will be on so long as there is dc present, including when the on/off switch is in the off position!!!

i dont need dual mode in a camera link - although i have seen dual mode in camera link setups used in very clever ways. when i do see a need for it the 235 will always be here for that purpose. for some clients (really just 1 at this point) i still need record run tc where the 235 would serve that purpose. the return is another thing i dont need. i have never been satisfied with the fidelity from headphone ports. i would prefer a sennheiser g2 just for return mounted to the top of an rx200 if i felt i really needed return. I just placed an order as well for my rx200. see you in september! hopefully...

-Ken

Dual mode would have been great for smaller lighter bag setup.

Is the filter qrx235 or qrx200 like?

With batteries installed, and DC connected, will the unit use DC until it is not present and then switch to the internals? Or will it drain the internals regardless?

it will use the higher voltage source first. So external then switch over.

So I'm assuming range is the same as qrx235 and qrx200.... 

yes. Perhaps even slightly better.

There seems to be some misunderstanding as to the design and purpose of this unit.

It's 1/2 of a QRX200 with an internal battery compartment and time code reception via the UHF signal, built into a small, lightweight form factor.  

That means it receives from one transmitter, either mono or stereo depending upon the transmitter.

wait so rx200 doesn't have dual mode? :/ It would be nice to throw in a bag if needed while not using on camera.

the rx200 is a single receiver. It can receive a signal channel from a mono transmitter or two channels from a stereo transmitter. The single receiver allows the rx200 to be smaller then a qrx and extremely power efficent. 

While the rx200 was primarily designed to be used as a camera mounted receiver it can also work in a bag - though it is a single receiver.

the rx200 is a single receiver. It can receive a signal channel from a mono transmitter or two channels from a stereo transmitter. The single receiver allows the rx200 to be smaller then a qrx and extremely power efficent. 

While the rx200 was primarily designed to be used as a camera mounted receiver it can also work in a bag - though it is a single receiver.

Copy that makes sense, just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

Jack or Glenn do you know when there will be a manual for the RX200 online to read?  Also might have already mentioned before but  i have did not see In Mono mode does the receiver support XR Modulation?

The manual should be on line soon

The menu structure is quite similar to the qrx200 just without dual mode items. 

The rx200 will support XR but not in stereo mode.

Loo

Looking at specs RX200 is a lot heavier then QRX200.