New Zaxcom Products

Jack Norflus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The manual should be on line soon

The menu structure is quite similar to the qrx200 just without dual mode items. 

The rx200 will support XR but not in stereo mode.

That is a real bummer since its primary use is a stereo hop receiver. Is this something that isn't possible due to hardware design, or might be changed later?

perhaps the listed weight of the RX200 is with internal batteries? I remember holding up the prototype at NAB (which did not have batteries in it) and thinking that it was lighter than the QRX.

The product page is in error.  According to two of my scales, a QRX200 weighs 10oz. (without antennas).  According to Glenn, an RX200 weighs in the low 7oz. territory.

The NAB prototype was just a mockup.

That is a real bummer since its primary use is a stereo hop receiver. Is this something that isn't possible due to hardware design, or might be change later?

The modulation takes place in the transmitter. The receiver just decodes the modulation. The RX200 can decode all modulation types - mono, XR, stereo and EU modulation. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning on getting a QRX200. Or should I get a QRX235? Does QIFB does anything that can't be done through Zaxnet on my Nomad? Or am I totally wrong...

For bag use you don't need the 235. Your nomad can do everything you need - with a better interface.

If you were using it on a camera then the 235 might be a better option.