New Zaxcom Products

Jack Norflus

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zaxcom use to be on the front of innovation and yet their latest product is camera hop while sound devices is making SL6. ????
I need more innovation from Zaxcom and not a redundant old school product.

that's not fair. What about the RX12? That is in many ways Zaxcom's version of the SL6 and it's probably even more powerful.

Zax has been very innovative thus far and now they doing something for those who need a camera hop and feel that their previous purchases didn't provide enough of what they needed. 

Other manufacturers are only now really catching up wirh digital wireless. 

Still, I agree with your personal conclusion that I won't need this. If they need a scratch on camera I've got my G3, for everything else there is TC

that's not fair. What about the RX12? That is in many ways Zaxcom's version of the SL6 and it's probably even more powerful.

Zax has been very innovative thus far and now they doing something for those who need a camera hop and feel that their previous purchases didn't provide enough of what they needed. 

Still, I agree with your personal conclusion that I won't need this. If they need a scratch on camera I've got my G3, for everything else there is TC

I wouldn't even try comparing SL6 design to RX12 design. There's two completely different schools of thought going on there, one isn't needing or waiting on special adapters to integrate all parts, one actually fully integrates and becomes a slave to a master controller, one uses a standard to allow receiver choices, the price point is astronomically different, simplicity differences...many many factors. 

I wouldn't even try comparing SL6 design to RX12 design. There's two completely different schools of thought going on there, one isn't needing or waiting on special adapters to integrate all parts, one actually fully integrates and becomes a slave to a master controller, one uses a standard to allow receiver choices, the price point is astronomically different, simplicity differences...many many factors. 

i'm not comparing them at all, rather I'm highlighting the fact that both, when it comes down to it, have similar functions and both are very innovative products. I'm certainly not the usual Zaxcom defender, but to complain about a lack of innovation on their part is, honestly, ridiculous

I have promised not to repeat my opinion of the rx12... Sorry...

The only thing I can add to this topic is that I feel for all the companies trying to adjust and bring to market these fantastic tools to a shifting market and the needs of end users like JWSound members and I. Also I'm glad for the choices, but I feel for the developers and want to say thanks.... Love the power of these products.

CrewC

As mainly a bag sound peep I would like to thank Zax for the RX200. Thus far I have only used it as receiver in the bag for 742 on a TVC. Worked perfectly and I didn't have to dip into one of my other Zax channels. I imagine I will use it about 50/50 742 receiver/cam link. I am also confident it will pay itself off within a year in my market. The other advantage I see is the RX200 will make it easier to quickly remote a channel when required. 

Cheers Nate.

Thank you Nate and Crew. 

I feel every product is a challenge for me and Howy. If we can not do it in a way that pushes the limits of technology and imagination we are not satisfied. I think the RX200 is one of our best bits as it pushes the limits of battery life and RF filtering in what I call my battery box with a receiver built around it.

Best Wishes

Glenn

As a long time SRba/b cam link user, ext battery life and weight was a major point in not switching over. For me the RX200 addresses this issue over previous Zax receivers that I was never quiet convinced on. I am now going to have to battery change mid day,  but honestly this isa  welcome trade offs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pete , I have one and prefer it over my Ol' trusted 2x um400a/SRb link due to only needing a single freq to transmit a stereo signal (Was really handy in RF congested Port Kembla the other night) and the LEDs on the side of the unit indicating if RF level is present and audio levels. Oh and a timecode output on the RX200. No longer do i need to put two units on the camera. As to be expected range is excellent as is audio quality. When using internal batteries, 4x Panasonic enolope Pro's gets 7hrs of solid use, unit lost power around 7 and a half hour mark at 3.2v.

There are other threads on the RX200 with much better reviews then mine.   

• 1 year later...

Reviving an old thread! 2 others had asked my question but it seems no one had an answer.

Can the RX200 be connected to my QRX235+IFB via "Serial link"so that make command via zaxnet on the RX200? I know that the unit has a serial connection, but nowhere is it specified that the functionality is possible. Anyone using is that way?

thanks!

Blake