New Digital Radio from Audio Limited

John Willett

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new line of digital wireless from Audio, Ltd. look terrific! I spent quite a lot of time at Redding Audio booth looking at these. They're not shipping yet and Kish did not give any indication when they would be a shipping product. There is one transmitter model in the new lineup that will have recording capability but that will not be available in the US.

So have to ask why you need 48k 24bit AES output with a "true" diverstiy receiver then?

Why?

Digital modulation :

1.  Consistent sound quality regardless of field condition - AudioLtd will be real 48K not 32Khz like zaxcom
  2. No gain stage signal loss from the transmitter ADC all the way to recording track.
  3. superb digital modulation not prone to intermod - 16 freqs in a TV channel is impossible even with zaxcom.

"Mic/Line with bias for lavalier mics and special bias pin 
for Schoeps CMR cable"
I was told that every DPA mic will work with the transmitter which is fuckin great!!! excuse my french....

"Audio frequency response 40Hz – 20kHz"
 Very nice. I have spoken to a few mixers that are turned off my zaxcoms 32khz frequincy response and might consider a digital system at 48khz. 

"Output power 50mW or 10mW, selectable"
I wonder if this is the European specs sheet where 50mW is the maxx... 

2ms latency is great...

Wisicom has already dual mono slot in receiver for Sony camera

That's not digital. If you are specifically looking for a digital slot receiver, there are very limited options right now.

I didn't get too much of a look at these, but it seems like something to keep an eye on.

• 4 months later...

IBC is close enough so here some updates:

Audio Ltd will launch the new 1010 digital range of wireless microphone systems. The new DX1010 digital true diversity receiver and 1010 digital pocket transmitter comprise the full digital system.

The new 1010 digital system has an industry leading latency of only 2ms.

Both units switch over a 100MHz switching bandwidth and can operate up to 20 channels simultaneously in one 8Mhz TV channel without compromising the audio quality or RF performance.

The Audio1010 TxApp which is also being launched at IBC allows the transmitter to be turned on/off remotely as well as being able to control many other transmitter parameters.

Audio will also showcase the small RF DA and matching portable rack mount plates for the 1010 digital. The RF DA has 200MHz bandwidth and has a masthead DC supply built in. There are 2 sets of DC outputs via 4 Hirose sockets on the RF DA.

Other products in the En2 range include the mTx mini transmitter, the world’s slimmest unit. The DX2 twin channel true diversity battery powered receiver, DX miniature true diversity, TXP pocket transmitter.

All other products from the En2 and RMS2040 ranges and associated accessories will also be on the stand.

• 2 weeks later...

How do they limit the recording capabilities of the Audio Ltd 1010 to the ones sold in the US market? Is this done with a firmware? Geolocalisation ;-)... Any idea?

Pat

firmware most likely. It similar to what Lectro did for a while when they sold their SMQV tx in Europe, which were locked to 50mW. However, there was a possibility to open up the higher strengths through a dweedle tone (which was a well-known secret), which suggests firmware. Now they are just selling specific tx for Europe which are not unlockable (afaik)

firmware most likely. It similar to what Lectro did for a while when they sold their SMQV tx in Europe, which were locked to 50mW. However, there was a possibility to open up the higher strengths through a dweedle tone (which was a well-known secret), which suggests firmware. Now they are just selling specific tx for Europe which are not unlockable (afaik)

we should not talk about this in the open. Please.