Very Scary Stuff!

Michael Miramontes

Call me a pessimist but I can think of all the bad ways this new gene technology can be used, especially by pharmaceutical companies. 

This is the technology that's just been used to genetically modify a human embryo.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/this-is-the-technology-thats-just-been-used-to-genetically-modify-a-human-embryo/ar-AAbwzyA?ocid=mailsignout

Michael,

I agree, and not to cross-post, check out my post in the DIY section to see how in the future, it's possible that the corporation who masters that genome change may very well "own" the DNA make-up of that child. Maybe we'll only be licensing that body of ours, unable to make any alterations to it...the times they are a scaring !!!

great article, thanks, Brother Michael.

best,

Steven

Hey Steven, 

Reading your post is what led me to find the one I started this thread with. Yep, the end seems to be getting closer and closer. In fact, here's another one.

We're talking extinction if this one erupts. I wonder if the drought and climate change may be the recipe needed to make this one erupt. I guess it can't be too bad though since I always said if it was my time I would like to go out with a bang!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/titanic-blob-of-magma-found-beneath-yellowstone-supervolcano/ar-AAbC84u?ocid=mailsignout

You guys say that until you have a kid with a genetic disease. Then you'll be begging for it.

At that point it would be too late. This "therapy" is done before the child is born. 

Thankfully I have two healthy kids. Boy and Girl. I'm done. Unless of course I slip one out on accident. =P

I rather let nature take it's course instead of keep F'n with it. I don't think we're ready for this tech yet.