OneUnit Lite and Compact 6 wireless/RF Distro/Recorder/battery 6 pounds development

RadoStefanov

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea mounting my fp8 on the bottom was a must for me from the beginning and after removing and reattaching several times now has never been an issue. Although I have no desire to make a one unit I'm hoping that this type of stuff will be an inspiration for future Zaxcom products. Having an all in Nomad type device, RX12/RX6, and power all together AND it being significantly lighter than each separate piece of gear put together would be awesome. They could also develop software to put everything on ones back and simply only have to have a device in front.

Rado do you plan to build a new housing and enclosure for 3 qrx's or will they just slide in as they are? I was with a similar idea sometime ago and spoke to lectro and they told me that by removing the "brains" of the 411/211's and putting them into a enclosure I would be non compliant to the FCC...I wonder if this would be the same with zax gear..I imagine so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, you are jacking that thing up and putting a new Nomad under it…  So you are moving the XLR inputs to the side, replacing the XLR outs, because you don't like the position of the inputs on the stock Nomad?  Because of having the F8 on the top?  So when you are done--your outputs will only be the TA3 connectors on the same side--no XLR males?   Pretty radical…  Your intent is to make the whole deal smaller and lighter, right?  I thought you were looking to have a new case machined for the recorder+RX?

p

Pretty much like you described it.

My metal guy is too busy at the moment for the shell.

Holy shit, you are jacking that thing up and putting a new Nomad under it…  So you are moving the XLR inputs to the side, replacing the XLR outs, because you don't like the position of the inputs on the stock Nomad?  Because of having the F8 on the top?  So when you are done--your outputs will only be the TA3 connectors on the same side--no XLR males?   Pretty radical…  Your intent is to make the whole deal smaller and lighter, right?  I though you were looking to have a new case machined for the recorder+RX?

p

That's your micplexor sitting inside the Nomad (on stand-offs, I assume)?

p

​There is a  metal plate that I need to get done. Micplexer will mount to that without the shell.

11312948_10206759073155332_7526659503730

All qrx200s will be with one single shell.

I am remaking the whole case from qrx thickness aluminum

Edited by RadoStefanov

Also waiting for this to arrive: 200+ grams

MCL205-D1201%20small.jpg

​So talking to inspired-energy I found out this battery holder also charges the battery. My nomad will be able to charge the internal battery when external power is connected to it on the cart or in the bag. 

Battery charges for 3 hours from empty. Let say by lunch I have used 1/2 the battery. An hour charge during lunch will give me a little extra juice.

Ideally a little bigger battery that can get me through the day will make more sense but it will increase the weight.

​So talking to inspired-energy I found out this battery holder also charges the battery. My nomad will be able to charge the internal battery when external power is connected to it on the cart or in the bag. 

Battery charges for 3 hours from empty. Let say by lunch I have used 1/2 the battery. An hour charge during lunch will give me a little extra juice.

Ideally a little bigger battery that can get me through the day will make more sense but it will increase the weight.

​Does Inspired Energy sell direct?  I didn't see a place to order on their website.

• 3 weeks later...

I am 98% done. Just need to replace outside nomad shell with with thinner aluminum r carbon fiber. Nomad with battery and micplexerII inside : 4.44 pounds. Total weight with wireless and power cables only : 6.25 pounds. Size - small.

10245399_10206922708166105_1413492110229

Edited by RadoStefanov

• 2 weeks later...