Amira has 5 channels of audio?

I've worked on Amirs before and haven't run into this problem.

It is embedding 5 tracks of audio in every clip. I have been through every setting on the camera, and made sure to turn off channels 3 and 4 and still there are blank channels being recorded.

So the merges in Da Vinci are crashing. While The BM folks have actually acknowledged that they have a merge/crash problem, we don't know if the above "5 tracks" problem is the cause. However, I'm guessing it is. They said they will get back to me...eventually...after the 5 day shoot is over I'm sure...

I have confirmed the 5 track in each clip issue in multiple programs (Premiere, Da Vinci and FCP-X). It happens with 4 tracks or 2 tracks enabled on the camera.

have a read of the Amira manual,it does record up to 5 of tracks,four of them from XLR and the 5th is an Interpreter(or any other purpose,commentary on set etc) track which can be connected to a bluetooth mic(if i recall correctly).Great tool for docu. I think it's menu selectable so you can always turn this 5th track off.

Cheap workaround: tell the DIT or assistant editor to strip off all the audio from the ProRes prior to import. Resolve v12 (unfortunately not due out until July) will have the ability to ignore all camera audio, assuming they want to sync up sound & picture dailies within Resolve. 

Not sure why Resolve would crash. Resolve v11 here just gleefully loads whatever's attached and then I have to manually delete it inside Resolve. No crashes, no issues, and I've had 5+ channels of sound before. 

Thanks for the suggestions. Ultimately stripping the audio out did nothing to the sync problem. Da Vinci still crashed on merge. Interesting that even with BT off, and only two tracks armed, the camera always makes 5 audio tracks.

Premier and FCP worked just fine. I messed around with the BT audio. Not great quality, as is the way of BT. I could see it being useful if the camera was ever used for its intended purpose, ENG style. Overtime I'm on one it is rigged all cine-style and needs three dudes on the thing at a time.

So in the meantime, if any DIT dude tells us that our audio is causing a Da Vinci crash on merge, we can tell them, its not the camera, and its not the audio.