copying .wav to cf for 788T playback

JCC

Hi.

Not sure if this has been addressed - found related topics, but not this specifically:

I have a tc embedded .wav file that wave agent recognizes.  When I copy it onto a cf (either drag and drop into SDOUNDEV folder, or copy through wave agent into SOUNDEV folder, the 788T won't play it back.    The home screen shows cf card is loaded with time on it, but when I press play, I get a message telling me NOTICE:  Please select media via menu and/or insert cf.  

Of course, cf is already selected.

I expect it's something with my file -

It is 24 bit, 48k, Shows itself as .wav

Wave agent plays it fine.

Any ideas how to get that onto a cf card so that my 788T will recognize and play back?

What was used to create the file?   The 788T doesn't have a lot of flexibility in playing back files from other devices that may not have the wav file formatted in the same fashion as the 788T.  It will playback files recorded on a 788 or other SD devices machines, but if your file has the various chunks (data, fmt, bext, cue, ixml ) in different order than the 788's normal layout It doesn't have the flexibility that a Computer has in parsing the file for playback. It was designed primarily as an audio field recorder and not an audio workstation.   Perhaps Matt or somebody from SD can chime in on compatibility but that is my take on what is going on.

I know there is a reason you are trying to do the playback this way, but.... I will add.... you may be much better off taking that file, getting it to the desktop on a Mac laptop, and opening it with Audacity...or any number of audio programs.... including Itunes...

Then use the program to SIMPLY play back the file... 

Again, sorry for the obvious.... and I am sure there is a reason you want this workflow... just sayin..

As noted above, the SoundDev folder is for setup files and other machine info.

The most likely problem is that you didn't tell the 788T where the file is you wanted to play.  Put the file in the root directory of the CF.  The press the HDD button twice to get to the file browser.  Navigate to the file and press play.