Service Turn Around Times?

Lectro has taken care of me within a few days. Denecke has completely rebuilt my slate within 24 hours. PSC has also serviced my equipment and had it back to me the next day.

I have never needed any work from Sound Devices, so cant say from personal experience.

I have had a couple repairs done by K-Tek. First one took about a week. I think the second did too, and that was during NAB.

Sanken took about three months to repair a couple of CUB-01s!

I have my beloved MKH-70 in at Sennheiser. Will see how long that takes. Fingers crossed its quick and cheap!

Thanks for the info Jon.

Sennheiser had a few hick ups with the mkh80XX service but after some complaints on my part in emails and here on this forum they offered to repair microphones that are even out of warranty.

At the end of the day the only thing I care about is the well being of the sound mixer community.

Lectro has taken care of me within a few days. Denecke has completely rebuilt my slate within 24 hours. PSC has also serviced my equipment and had it back to me the next day.

I have never needed any work from Sound Devices, so cant say from personal experience.

I have had a couple repairs done by K-Tek. First one took about a week. I think the second did too, and that was during NAB.

Sanken took about three months to repair a couple of CUB-01s!

I have my beloved MKH-70 in at Sennheiser. Will see how long that takes. Fingers crossed its quick and cheap!

Okay. This got a little ugly and in this particular case I may have been partially responsible. Rado has a way of pushing my buttons (yes, I do have a few, not many --- and don't get me started on Mirror) so maybe we'll just let this go now. I think Rado has probably gotten enough answers to his original question which I take him at his word its only intention was to generally get a sense of service times from various dealers and manufacturers.

Jeff,

It is all good. I of all people understand where you are coming from.

Okay. This got a little ugly and in this particular case I may have been partially responsible. Rado has a way of pushing my buttons (yes, I do have a few, not many --- and don't get me started on Mirror) so maybe we'll just let this go now. I think Rado has probably gotten enough answers to his original question which I take him at his word its only intention was to generally get a sense of service times from various dealers and manufacturers.

>Since self-congratulation seems to be a key element in this thread, I declare me the winner. Yesterday I handed myself a boom pole that required an XLR repair. It was returned within a matter of minutes. <

I laughed, thank you John, I needed to laugh

Since self-congratulation seems to be a key element in this thread, I declare me the winner. Yesterday I handed myself a boom pole that required an XLR repair. It was returned within a matter of minutes.

hahaha