Backup Recorder w/timecode

Arnold F.

I use the ZFR100 as a lightweight backup recorder to my wireless-to-camera link and for time coded transcription (if demanded). I believe that it is currently the smallest time code reader/generator recorder available, but cheap ($) it is not (ouch!). Battery life is excellent utilizing 2-AA's (I use Energizer NiMH rechargeables and can go all day), and the ZaxConvert software makes distribution of the high-quality audio files simple and painless.

--

B

I constantly use the ZFR100 to a SD44 on all the shoots I do.  Connected to a Denecke SB-3 lets me stay TOD while power is run through a Remote Audio BDS box (Don't have to worry about it dying before my mixer does); its small and light but expensive setup but for me a peace of mine.  You can hook up a cheap RF system (comtek, sennheiser G2, etc) to a broadcast camera that outputs TC and your rockin'.  The few gripes I have are its ergonomics and firmware.  Unfortunately you soon realize that 2 channels are not enough. 

G.