Sharing the Maxx with other people - custom profile loading?

cory

One thing that I absolutely love about the Maxx is how customizable it is. One thing I hate about sharing the Maxx with other people is how customizable it is-- when someone else uses it and I get it back I have to spend a while reconfiguring it all over again.

Does anyone know if there is a way to save a profile AND GIVE IT A NAME OF MY CHOICE (lock in specific routing and settings) and load it up real quick on the Maxx?

Ha..

I will add that my long ago made suggestion to Zax that adding the ability to name memory presets would still be really nice.

For example, whenever I rent a colleague's 664 I always save his current setup as his name and the date, then restore it before I return it. So easy and clear

With my Maxx I always forget what I have saved to the presets so it's mostly useless for me.

Ha..

I will add that my long ago made suggestion to Zax that adding the ability to name memory presets would still be really nice.

For example, whenever I rent a colleague's 664 I always save his current setup as his name and the date, then restore it before I return it. So easy and clear

With my Maxx I always forget what I have saved to the presets so it's mostly useless for me.

Yes, we've been wanting to see this on the Nomad since early on. Also, it would be great to have more than three presets -- ten would be terrific.

Ha..

Ha. Thanks for the heads up everyone :)  Without the ability to name this is basically useless for me too. Also, having more than three would also be pretty necessary (I share with 10+ folks).

Ha. Thanks for the heads up everyone :)  Without the ability to name this is basically useless for me too. Also, having more than three would also be pretty necessary (I share with 10+ folks).

Sorry this doesn't work for you. Are you aware that you can save setups to a card? You could have a card for each person's setup (or two or three to a card, if that's not too confusing). Loading each from a card would likely be a lot more convenient than manually entering all the parameters for ten different setups.

Sorry this doesn't work for you. Are you aware that you can save setups to a card? You could have a card for each person's setup (or two or three to a card, if that's not too confusing). Loading each from a card would likely be a lot more convenient than manually entering all the parameters for ten different setups.

I wasn't aware-- this is probably the way to go. Thanks!

Rather than read the manual for you, I'll just mention that the Maxx can do this and the "how to" is in the manual.

Ah, it's at times like this I wish The Senator were here...

If only there were a document that could tell you exactly how this is done...I'd probably start on page 25 if such a document existed.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day. (Been a rough Thursday.)

I have problems keeping my presets straight too since I can't name them internally, but saying they are useless without naming is a bit extreme imo . I just write it down on a post it note and put it in my pouch.

I also keep my settings backed up on my computer, named and organized, easily loaded with a cf card.