Zaxcom TRXLA Eneloop v Lithium

DX Dave

I tested my Eneloops 2450 mAh and Energiser Lithium on TRXLA 2.5 and 2.6. These times are the length of the file created on each unit's card.

So basically we can bank on 4 hours and 6 hours...

Eneloops

{a} 4h22m {b} 4h33m {c} 4h01m

{a} 4h27m {b} 4h25m {c} 4h09m

Brand new Energizer Lithium

{a} 6h31m {b} 6h46m {c} 6h20m

Dave

Further info

HP70hz
Notch OFF
XR mono
50mw
IFB RX
Voting OFF
RX-TX-OFF
TX Power 0
IFB Control ON
2 mins record stop

I set the record stop to 40 minutes on mine with the eneloops.

I have found that the low battery warning will flash for over an hour before it dies. so I know to change batteries when the transmitter stops recording.

Did you change the battery metering setting on the transmitter before changing battery type and testing? As that will affect the test significantly.

My tests with the same Eneloops gave very similar results. I was able to get to/or close to 5 hours (battery icon flashed about 15 min before I changed them), but my settings were a bit different. I had them set to 125 mw with power roll on. I rolled for about 2.5 hours, then just left them on at 50mw the rest of the time. These were fresh out of the packaging and straight into a maha on soft charge

In my personal tests, I was able to get around 5.5 hours of uninterrupted, full output power (125mW) transmission, IFB RX enabled, recording enabled, etc on my TRXLA2.5s out of the black eneloops (2450mAh). When using power roll and Zaxnet to turn off the power remotely, when not in use, I can easily squeeze out at least 8-9 hours.

Pretty great for my needs.

• 4 years later...

I’ve recently noticed that two of my TRXLAs give a very false readout of battery life when using Lithiums (QRX setting). I can have two fresh batts installed and the indicator will drop to empty and blink within seconds. This is an issue on two of my four LAs (1x2.5 / 1x3.5). The nimh and alk readouts are just fine. 

Cheers,

Evan

4 minutes ago, hobbiesodd said:

I’ve recently noticed that two of my TRXLAs give a very false readout of battery life when using Lithiums (QRX setting). I can have two fresh batts installed and the indicator will drop to empty and blink within seconds. This is an issue on two of my four LAs (1x2.5 / 1x3.5). The nimh and alk readouts are just fine. 

Have you changed firmware since it was working properly?