SR powering - alternatives to SRBattsled?

jonathan chiles

I am wanting to add another SRb to my kit which will sometimes be in the bag and sometimes on a camera. The SR battsled is a very neat solution for powering the SR on dinkycams but somewhat pricey. Can anyone reccommend a manufacturer that makes a decent Sony battery mount plate that converts the 7.2V up to 12V? I want something cheap but not nasty that I can dual lock onto the SR when I need it.

Indeed gents I have had an "ugly" solution for some time which is a 2200mAh 3 cell LiPo velcro'd on the side. I have a low voltage cut off inline to stop the battery doing a deep discharge. I also went Shubi Snax route and obtained 2 x 9V plastic holders and glued them together side by side and wired them in parallel to a 2.1mm plug and again velcro'd it to the side. I thought this was very smart.. but found that it ran the SRb for only a couple of hours. More testing maybe.. also thanks for bringing up "Chinese" batteries must be loads on ebay with a slim form factor that would work.