lectro SRB issue

nevo

Im running 4 x SRB using the rf distro from my old quad box .

I have been running 3 x SRB and 1x 210d and it has been working fine.

The srbs are in 26/24/20 and 210ds in 28.

Today I added a 4th SRB in block 20 and the two blk20  units are not happy together.

As soon as the 3rd transmitter is turned on ,the scan just fills up.the units start getting dropouts etc

I have done a intermod plan so Im not sure where the exact problem is.

Both units function fine by themselves but as soon either unit has a 3rd and 4th tx operating in block20

it all turns to custard.

Ive tried them with whips to eliminate any problem with the distro ....same result

Any Ideas........

Ant Nevison

Im running 4 x SRB using the rf distro from my old quad box .

I have been running 3 x SRB and 1x 210d and it has been working fine.

The srbs are in 26/24/20 and 210ds in 28.

Today I added a 4th SRB in block 20 and the two blk20  units are not happy together.

As soon as the 3rd transmitter is turned on ,the scan just fills up.the units start getting dropouts etc

I have done a intermod plan so Im not sure where the exact problem is.

Both units function fine by themselves but as soon either unit has a 3rd and 4th tx operating in block20

it all turns to custard.

Ive tried them with whips to eliminate any problem with the distro ....same result

Any Ideas........

Ant Nevison

Hi Ant,

What are the block 20 frequencies of all 4 transmitters and what are the distances from transmitter(s) to the SRb's? Also, are both SRb's custarding?

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Make sure that you have a higher freq dialed on the first chanel then the 2nd chanel on each individual unit. Try scanning without any transmitter on. Also did you do a freq coordination of all freq in your setup including IFB etc...? Any video transmitter ( Teradek or others )?

Hi Ant,

What are the block 20 frequencies of all 4 transmitters and what are the distances from transmitter(s) to the SRb's? Also, are both SRb's custarding?

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Hi Larry

Ive tried various combinations of freq and it happens to both SRBs.With 2channels of block 20 running Im getting 75metres of clean range,as soon as I add the 3rd and 4th channel I get 3metres

Make sure that you have a higher freq dialed on the first chanel then the 2nd chanel on each individual unit. Try scanning without any transmitter on. Also did you do a freq coordination of all freq in your setup including IFB etc...? Any video transmitter ( Teradek or others )?

Yes I have the first channel higher and when scanning with no transmitters on all fine ,when scanning with 2 transmitters on fine,add 3rd and the scan goes ballistic....Im running 8 channels all up and have setup using freqfinder intermod app.

Larry asked an important question: how far away are the transmitters? I find the front end of the srbs tend to get overloaded if the tx are nearby. Try putting 25 feet between the tx and rx and see if you are getting the same results.

yep...its better on the scan if the transmitters are further away but Imstill getting major dropouts when both units are on when I do a walk test.

Ant,

At this point, call Lectro.

If you provide them with all the details of your rig they can actually provide you a chart with coordinated frequencies.  

It seems the old Lectro charts are no longer accurate.  I have had mixed results with Freq Finder but I am a new user and part of my issue it coordinating Lectro and Zax together...

On the SRb, when a potential cross talk issue exists, the software will give you a warning on the LCD screen to swap frequencies. This will be very rare and will occur when the frequencies are fairly close together (400 kHz). We are going to modify the tech note. Nothing is harmed by following the tech note but the SRb itself will remember it for you.

When we release the next SR in 2021, it will do transparent swapping of receivers so the user won't even be aware of a rare crosstalk issue, if there even is one.

Short version: Don't worry about higher or lower receivers; the software will alert you. After 2021 you won't even get alerts.

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics