I'm a sound mixer not a track layer!

mikewest

Btw, as much as I might complain here, this is never done on the stage in front of clients.

if I have an issue, I will address it directly with the mixer when I can, or through the sound supervisor who will then usually talk to the AP.  But it will always be downplayed and presented as a request, not a major problem.

​I wish a bit more kicking and screaming was done by you guys in post. It might make them want to care a bit more about what we're doing on set.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, as much as I might complain here, this is never done on the stage in front of clients.

if I have an issue, I will address it directly with the mixer when I can, or through the sound supervisor who will then usually talk to the AP.  But it will always be downplayed and presented as a request, not a major problem.

​Seems a bit pointless if you're not actually telling your clients when it's not working. Maybe you should use your position to help educate them? In a polite manner, of course.

Grant.

​Seems a bit pointless if you're not actually telling your clients when it's not working. Maybe you should use your position to help educate them? In a polite manner, of course.

Grant.

No. It's my job to make sure the mixer knows what the issues are and what we need.

It's  not my job to throw someone under the bus on the dub stage.