Handle for the side of a Deneke slate

segauz

• 5 weeks later...

You can choose from a wide selection of handles in the furniture hardware (drawer pulls, etc.) section of most any hardware store.

I agree with this. It should be EASY to find an elegant solution for this. Any ordinary drawer pull comes in almost any size, and can be held in place with screws from the inside of the slate chassis (so it's not like you have to worry about something sticking in towards electronics.

They also make pulls which bend to a 90 degree angle... which opens up options.

Because of this thread... I'm going to look into some options. I think a side handle is a good idea... I wrote "FRAGILE:DO NOT DROP" across the back of my slate out of fear of a careless AC. A side handle seems like good peace of mind.

• 10 months later...

I have created a handle for the Denecke Time Code Slates.  This TC Slate Handle was designed to add additional support and ease of operation of the Denecke Time Code Slate.  A better grip means less dropped slates !   This handle is manufactured in the USA and is made of machined aluminum.  It is light weight only 2.6 ounces.  This TC Slate Handle does not damage the sticks.  It neatly installs under the sticks using the existing two left screws.  Installation is 5 minutes !! Visit my website to order http://www.mirrorimageprd.com

TC Slate Handle Combo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have installed three of these and they are fantastic!  ACs love it.  The only thing to watch out for, is the that all four screws are tightened firmly.  The handle is two pieces, one is a base and is screwed into the slate, the other is the handle and it is screwed onto the base piece.  If the handle gets loose you have to completely uninstall the whole thing to tighten it.

Dan Izen