JW's New Look

Eric Toline

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a bug with the displaying of people's locations. For example, under my name it says "LocationNew Jersey" instead of "Location: New Jersey". 

​You're right, there should be a space between the field name "Location" and New Jersey (or whereever). I will look into that.

Seems to work fine for me as well and I like the layout..Though the only "Mark as read"  function I can find is buried in the (upper-right menu button) under 'More' (unless I'm missing something).
I like the ability to edit the 'Source' code as well.

​The only "Mark as Read" button is now at the top (we used to have a button top and bottom) and it is located in the navigation bar to the left of the ---More menu. It's surprising if you found a mark as read option IN the ---More menu.

top.thumb.jpg.ee317138602d26b5bf6f03f088

UPDATE: We're out of luck with Groups after the update to IPB 4.0. The Groups section was created with categories for Society and Politics and other subjects in an effort to keep some of those sorts of discussions in their own area and off the main forums. Unfortunately, these sub-forums were created with a 3rd party plug-in called Social Groups. The developer of Social Groups has not had any updates since April of 2014 and I have been informed that there are no plans at this time to update the plug-in for support under IPB 4.0. So, I have no choice but to remove Groups altogether and explore what the alternatives may be in the future to provide that sort of section for our members.

Edited by Jeff Wexler

I'm getting used to, and liking the mobile browser interface, and I don't miss tapatalk.

One thing I cannot get working is notifications.  I am following several topics, and I went through my notification settings, unchecked everything, saved it, then turned everything back on, but my notifications are still blank, even though there is new content posted that I follow.  Is this working for everyone else?

No notifications for me either

​Trying to figure this out for you guys, I looked at Shastapete's Profile and looked at the Notification settings and everything looked in order. I'm not sure why you're not getting notifications. Up at the very top of the header on the main page, notifications that I get show up as red button on the icon that looks like a bell. Hovering over that it says there is a notification or notifications and I'm able to read them. Clicking on the bell icon there is a little gear icon to set Notifications preferences --- I imagine this is just another place to set your preferences but you might give it a look.

I will look into this to see if there is a bug or something.

Edited by Jeff Wexler

Vas, try and empty the cache in your browser, then quit your browser, relaunch and then login to JWSOUND. This should solve the display issue. It look like there are pages being called up from cache at the time we were messing around with the overall default width of the site. I could be wrong but that might be it.

I'm getting used to, and liking the mobile browser interface, and I don't miss tapatalk.

One thing I cannot get working is notifications.  I am following several topics, and I went through my notification settings, unchecked everything, saved it, then turned everything back on, but my notifications are still blank, even though there is new content posted that I follow.  Is this working for everyone else?

Kind of. 

In the mobile version , the bell icon Jeff refers to is at the very top right hand side, but you need to click on the menu button (three horizontal bars). If there is a number attached to that bell, that's the number of notifications. Click on the bell abd so on... This just fyi. 

I get some notifications, but probably not all of them, I haven't really explored this. I'm sure there is a settings menu for this somewhere where I can choose the types of notifications. 

​Trying to figure this out for you guys, I looked at Shastapete's Profile and looked at the Notification settings and everything looked in order. I'm not sure why you're not getting notifications. Up at the very top of the header on the main page, notifications that I get show up as red button on the icon that looks like a bell. Hovering over that it says there is a notification or notifications and I'm able to read them. Clicking on the bell icon there is a little gear icon to set Notifications preferences --- I imagine this is just another place to set your preferences but you might give it a look.

I will look into this to see if there is a bug or something.

Funny enough, I got a notification for being quoted, so that one works

Peter

I have been going through all the settings that relate to Notifications and I have changed a few things (there are several admin settings that are sort of scattered all over the place). Maybe this will help.

Note to Wandering Ear: I changed one setting in your Preferences regarding Notifications and following --- this was a setting that previously admin would not allow a member to set or change.

Edited by Jeff Wexler

Hi Jeff,

I have done what you told me, but it's not work. Not a problem and can live with that. It is what it is. I have survived many times with my OCD (yes I am walking from tile to tile in sidewalk). lol

Thanks for helping

​You're right, there should be a space between the field name "Location" and New Jersey (or whereever). I will look into that.

​The display and spacing problem with "Location" under the profile of the poster has been fixed. There should now be a space between the word "Location" and the member's location.