JW's New Look

Eric Toline

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The page layout is all stacked to the left. Long and narrow replies on the left of the page. Open space from the center to the right of the page. Must be my settings but I can't see how to change them.  

CrewC

​You may have to quit your browser, relaunch and re-sign in, or possibly just refresh the page and it should display properly. Sorry you're having difficulty.

I am reading the sound follow cart thread. I see that people have included photos as attachments. I cannot see those photos. How do I sort that out? What do I need to enable and where?

Kindest,

sb

​Everything that was on the site (and it was a lot) has to be rebuilt for the new database structure. The re-building is happening in the background but it is far from complete. It's going to take some time before everything is available on the site, all the previous posts, images and so forth.

Looks a heck of a lot better on my mobile phone. Well done, and thanks!

About the only hiccough I notice so far is that going to the home page drops you into some sort of a chat mode.

​Chat had now been disabled (had a really short run without a lot of success) and for some reason the "Home" link took you to Chat. This has been corrected and now "Home" will take you to the main forum index page.

Ok is it just me or is there no longer a link to to you to unread content. I can't find it.

?Top of the page New Content opens a page where you set your filters (for example, posts I have not read, etc.) and you will see a list of topics where there are new posts. We used to have a button "First Unread" but now you have to click on the icon to the left of the the title in the list (this will be a bullet • or a star I believe)

top_of_page.thumb.jpg.4db8b56e0fdf26143f

top_of_page.thumb.jpg.4db8b56e0fdf26143f

So far, I have only briefly accessed this site and only via my phone. 

It seems like not everything resizes itself to my screen size properly, but that's no big deal. Other than that, I would need to familiarize myself with it all first. 

However: Tapatalk is not working at all at the moment. I can access the forum, but there is no content. Is this because of the background work you mentioned, Jeff?

Simple answer: no Tapatalk support yet.

Ooh, that's a great shame! I know you don't like Tapatalk, Jeff, but on the phone I find it so much easier to navigate than the mobile version of the site. 

Are there other apps like Tapatalk which IPB does support?

I think Tapatalk is the only game in town in terms of commandeering a forum and offering it back to you with their formatting. I will also look into what tweaks there might be for the mobile theme for IPB. I will stay on the case, for sure, I just can't give you any timetable.

Thanks for the continual work maintaining this community Jeff.  Every update I remember you've made good steps forward, and I expect nothing less from this one. 

I did notice tapatalk not working.  The mobile versions of this site have improved greatly, and I will try using it in the browser instead of tapatalk for a while.  Two things I like about using tapatalk is how quick it is to access the content as I'm always logged in (or tapatalk automatically logs me in) and especially the notifications that I get from tapatalk.  I can customize what triggers a notification so I get a notification on my phone as soon as only the content I'm looking for is updated.  Is there another way to have mobile notifications without tapatalk?

Thanks

I will be working with Tapatalk when and if they update their plug-in to work with this current version of IPB forum software. They have been fairly good at updating their software in the past, even though one of their updates actually took down my whole site for several hours.

As for notifications, the forum has really extensive notification routines which you can set within your Profile account. One of the simplest notifications relates to you having chosen to "Follow" a post.

There used to be a Members tap that took you to a full listing of members that you could search. I will have to see what has become of that. I did put a box in the sidebar that lists members online (those that have not chosen to hide their online presence when logging in) and that has an option to view full list --- I don't know if that is a full members list or a full list of all those online.