TASCAM HS-P82 concert recording

For the audio machines if you have WC lock and TC that is also locked to WC then it doesn't matter where you stop and start the individual decks: the files can be snapped to their original TC addresses in a DAW or NLE.  The slate is fine (if there is a mic near it that is going to all machines) but its main function is a visual sync ref for cameras, esp for cameras that don't have any TC+genlock inputs.   Nearly every live music recording I do is done on at least 2 machines, so the first task in post is to layup all the tracks from all the machines vs their original TC stamps.  Good secretarial habits re file naming help a lot with sorting through the tracks. 

I'm great with attending to Project/Track/Take names - it makes life so much easier, obviously.

I was hoping for something better than the slate clap, since one deck may not be fed with mics close enough to avoid comb filtering issues that we could get using that for a reference.  Samplitude will cheerfully extract TC, so that settles that issue.

Thanks for the advice!